Do you see your partner as an equal?

Do you consider youself above your significant other in overall value? Do you view him/her as a temporary fix? Are you ashamed of your partner in any way? Do you believe you could do better? Do you think he or she isn't able to score someone of your level all that often? Do you see your partner as an equal?

3631

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Yes, I do view him as my equal. We both excel in different areas but I believe we both contribute equally to the relationship and both treat each other fairly.

2. No, I personally value my boyfriend way more than I value myself but he values me way more than he values himself so it kind of evens out.

3. It'd have to be a pretty giant problem I have if the six years I've spent with him were to be considered temporary. No, he's not a temporary fix. He's (I hope) going to be around for the rest of forever.

4. Ashamed? No. Sometimes he does something embarrassing, but who doesn't? I'm sure I embarrass him way more than the other way around :)

5. I genuinely believe I could not do better. And that's not saying that he's as good as I can get and that I don't deserve better - he genuinely treats me fantastically, like a true gentleman. I honestly could not imagine anyone treating anyone else better than how he treats me.

6. I don't understand this one so much. I think, if he wanted to, he could be with someone more physically attractive, but I don't think he could find someone who treasures him as much as I do. And like I said, it's been six years. That's basically our entire dating career. So I don't think he's given much thought to dating others. We kind of hit it off right from the start and clicked on all levels immediately - I don't think people typically meet the perfect one right out of the gate, but I'm pretty sure we did and I wouldn't (and I hope he wouldn't either) dream of attempting to find anyone else. Hope this answers your question.

7. Again, yes. Equal though doesn't mean that we have the same abilities or anything - He can bench 170. I can barely do the bar :p I can run a 6 minute mile. He's dying before he gets a quarter mile. But I feel we have the same opportunities. We certainly see each other as equals in our relationship.