Brutal ending-3 months later I realized my mistake?

I dumped my girlfriend three almost four months ago. She took it harshly she almost took her life twice. It hurt her but I got fed up with the way she was too sarcastic for my taste. And she had a short temper. But now I realize... I loved that. I miss her. I left her without any signs I was unhappy. I told her to move on and she did. She has been dating someone for a month now. She seems better. But she wrote me a letter the day after we broke up and said she would wait a year for me to feel something again for her. I tried to move on from her but there's no one else. I feel as if everytime I try someone new I compare them to her. I felt disguisted when someone new tried to have sex with me. My parents hate every new girl. I love her. I needed a breather and I got it. It hurts to see her with someone else. How can I win her back...? Or should I stay out of her life...?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems to me like you only really want this girl because SHE has moved on and you haven't. You haven't found any other girl that makes you happy,so you would rather go back to what's familiar...your girlfriend whom YOU dumped,but who also happens to be a bit emotionally and psychologically unstable. You said she is "good" now,but who really knows.

I believe relationships can have a second chance,but NOT for the reasons you are specifying. I truthfully do not believe you have intense feeling for this girl,otherwise you would not have broken up with her in the first place. Its a power game. She has taken back her power and moved on from you and now you can't STAND it. She said she would wait a year for you. And to be honest,I believe that if you didn't see her with this other guy,you would have been in NO rush to snatch her back up. As long as you knew she was on the market,you wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole. But NOW,you're jealous and being competitive. The very same things you didn't like about her,are possibly things that didn't change...mind you. Maybe...maybe not.

I think you should leave her alone. You broke her heart because you didn't want to work on things the first time around. Let her move on without you. You had your chance,and honestly...i don't think you deserve another. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Like beyonce said. If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring, don't bemad when you see that he want iit. Lol you didn't apericate her when you had her bjt you do now and you toomallthoses little things for granted. Your mistake could of cost you this girl. Next time think real hard before you break up with the "love of your life"

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing more a female that's been dumped and hurt than the guy who left her heartbroken To come back...but only for so long..she's clearly made a new start and leave her alone,remember the unhappy stages if it didn't work once it won't again and the breakup could be worse second time around...only way a second chance could happen is if the slate it wiped completely clean, and that is rare because the things before the breakup and during it will surface..where were you when she tried to kill herself? Just curious were you by her side or tell her you didn't care? If it was latter she will never forgive you leave her be.You can't win her back now..please go and be happy and let her be happy and learn from this. You will find someone else someone who will never make you feel unhappy to breakup with them.You left it a little to late I'm afraid

Wish you well because life and love is funny and love could be just round the corner for you

1|0
    0|0
    • She was so shocked I left her I was watching her. She told me there would be no other reason to live if I left her.

• She loves you! you guys just need to talk it out. If you want her back go for it. I'm sure she would take you back plus she said she will wait a year :)

0|0
    0|0
    • But she found someone new do you think she still she would jump back to me?

• Too sarcastic can be socially rude and uncomfortable.

There is a good reason why you didn't like her sarcasm, remember that.

It might be worthwhile for you to talk to her about that. Though really she kind of sounded mean.

0|0
    0|0
    • She had a short temper but she wouldn't drastically scream she would give a face and a sigh everytime she was fed up. I am sarcastic too so it was partly my fault. I told her that she could be as sarcastic as she wants to be. What should I say to her?

• You know, there is something about this that doesn't make sense. Why did you break up with her if now you are saying it's not important.

• Honestly? I can't remember. I think the way she called me names but I know she didn't mean it. Or I think I was just afraid of what laid ahead of us. Marriage or Splitting. She was my first. Or I think I couldn't handle disappointing her anymore. Always away on trips for my program. Not there enough for her. Missing her dance performance and her big cheer performance due to work. It was one of those...

What Guys Said 2

• Stay out of her life. If she is the type of person to attempt suicide twice over a breakup - she's mentally unstable and you're better off without her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay very far away from her. She has some serious personal problems that she needs to work out. Two suicide attempts in the space of 4 months means she is severely mentally ill and is in need of immediate professional attention. You are not the problem. You need to look out for your own self-interest, and dating a suicidal chick with temper issues is definitely not the way to do that. You're young, there's lots of other girls out there. Its best for you to move on, go to a counselor if you feel it would help you, but by all means do not spend another minute with this girl and do not contact her at all ever again. Let someone else deal with the drama, there's more to life.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes