Why do some guys stay with a girl if they're planning on breaking up with them?

Why do some guys stay with a girl if they're planning on breaking up with them? Why not just breakup with them right away?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The reason is these guys like being in a relationship. Why not have your cake and eat it too? They want to have a girl to maybe have sex with and then find something else. If nothing else comes along, they still have that girl.

3|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• girls do the same. The other guys answered it below. It is sad and it sucks. But not all people have the guts and the strengths to stand up and do the right thing. Also because media portrays guys who breakup as assholes. Like it is always the girl that is the victim. Guys don't want to take up that role... so they try to delay or act up as if the breakup was mutual.

1|0
    0|0
  • The same reason girls would. Maybe they aren't 100% sure? Maybe they haven't found the right time to end it? Scared of going through with it? There are tons of possible reasons hat anyone, guy or girl would do that

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I ask myself this question all the time. My husband did this to me for three years. Now we are separated and my close friend is in a relationship and doesn't want to be, he tells me he would much rather be with someone like me, yet he won't leave her. I think it is because there is some thing they have to lose, it is a selfish act, they are protecting themselves or maybe they are afraid of hurting someone, but in reality not being honest hurts a lot more.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because some girls just don't want to be broken up with.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes