I don't know what answer he was looking for, but I offended him somehow. What does he want?

This guy and I admitted to being attracted to each other, so he suggested we should hangout and see where it goes. But my hesitation got the better of me, and even though he ended up saying he was developing feelings for me, I pulled back.

I tried to apologize and ask for another chance, but he seemed offended that I wanted to hang out and see where it goes instead of having an actual agenda of how I wanted things to turn out.

I don't understand why wanting what he wanted is offensive now! Is this his way of saying he wants more or is he just looking for an excuse because he's over it?

11