Ex still texts. Comes into my work. We broke up 6 weeks a go and I can't let go. What do I do?

Broke up 6 weeks ago and still texts each other...
How do I try and get my ex back after 6 weeks but still in contact with each other since it happened

42

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, I don't think you should dwell on the past, ex's included. If you were adamant you want to be friends and not have a romantic relationship again, I would make this VERY clear to him and if he flirts, reply in a friendly manner, but don't reciprocate his texts.

If you have done the above, maybe try no contact? If you still want to be friends, you could talk occasionally but not everyday, maybe a few times a week.

If that fails then I would no contact, wait until you're absolutely other him, when the thought of him dating someone doesn't affect you, when you stop thinking about him at all, when he takes up none of your time, mentally or physically, then, try to pursue a friendship if the opportunity arises.

The mid-point between friends and lovers is a rough place.

Just my two cents.

• I don't understand how he can break up but still text

• He comes into my work still. I just don't understand it all

• From what I see, as I've said, he isn't interested in a relationship, but he enjoys aspects of it and is carrying them on to get his daily compliment or what have you. I think he has instantly put you into a friend manner, he probably considers you a really good friend and is just to flirt and get a kick without being committed, you need a break just to come to clarity with yourself, you're not ready for what he's asking for, I think you deserve a lot better. That's up to you though.