My boyfriend broke up with me because he was too stressed out.. could we get back together?

I'm 21 years old and my boyfriend (Michael) is 20. Pretty much he broke up with me because he was under a lot of stress and I don't know what to do now.

We became boyfriend and girlfriend February of last year, the day after Valentine's day. Our relationship was absolutely amazing. We never argued really. We had 3 fights that were resolved quickly but other than that, everything was fine. He really became my best friend and we really did fall in love.

I never thought i was beautiful and he would always tell me 'You're so beautiful, you mean something to someone. You're amazing, you're the love of my life.' We were each other's first love.

He's the sweetest guy I've ever met. Everybody gets along with him easily. He has all the qualities in order to be considered my dream guy. Sweet, intelligent, understanding, loyal, funny, caring, LOVES women with curves.. And handsome to top it off.

He also considered me to be his 'perfect girl.' He would say that he loved my sweet personality. He would tell everyone that he thought i was beautiful and smart too.

The thing is that he wants to be a firefighter. This has been his lifelong dream. He has firefighter memorabilia in his entire room. I strongly admire his passion for it and I've even bought him little firefighter things here and there :).

So since last year, he's taken an EMT course twice already. The first time he failed because of work. At the time his parents were separated so his mom was working 2 jobs and they were tight on money. Michael had to pretty much sacrifice school for work.

He had 2 chances after. This time around, his dad was back living with them BUT the dad couldn't find a job. So Michael got a new job that paid more but his schedule was 5 days a week from 4:00am- 2:30pm.

AND he had to wake up at 2:30am to get ready for work since it was an hour drive and on top of that, school at night. :(

there's a part 2 to this, this is not the full story. I could't fit it all in here so please message me.

What Guys Said 1

• I'll take the bait :)

What Girls Said 0