After how long of dating is it accepted to break up with a text message? when is it mandatory to break up in person?

does the break up have to be in person, when is it ok to do it over message

Thank you all for the feedback. the relationship is going to end on good terms, I'm just an emotional person which is why I was going to resort to sending a message so I would not have to do the talking then see him and say goodbye in person.
Thank you all for the feedback. I got my nerves together I'm going to go see him in person.

76

Most Helpful Girl

• How hard is it to dump him/her face to face? It's just not right to dump people via text. I've been dumped via text after an 8 month relationship and I couldn't tell what was worse: getting dumped or the fact that I got dumped via a text message. Sorry if I sound mean, but grow a pair and dump him/her face to face.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I will thank you. did the person tell you why he broke up with you?

• Nope. He just simply said: I think we should break up. I can't do this anymore.