She is dating my best friend - Do I have the right to be upset?

My best friend for years now is now dating my recent ex. I broke up with her two months ago. He did not tell me he was anywhere interested in her. They hugged occasionally and talked but that was it. Whenever I see them together I get so upset. He just told me "If you can't own up to owning a beautiful girl then a man like me should take your place." I feel so outraged at both of them like they betrayed me. She told me she would wait a couple months to see if I would want her back. So I guess that was a lie.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• "If you can't own up to owning a beautiful girl then a man like me should take your place."

-Damn that's cold. Arctic cold. I would never say that to a friend in a trillion years if I were in his shoes. What a jerk.

• I mean him dating her is one thing, but saying that to you is another. Heck if things were different and you hadn't seen her in a year to find out a year later she's married with a baby already because yo broke up with her a year ago hypothetically.

• So... how are things going now?

• I still love her... but I decided to move on. I don't love this girl as much as I love her. I am not sure if I even love her. But its best I do. If we were meant to be then I guess at some point it will happen.