Texted ex happy birthday 10 days after her birthday, why do you think she ignored it?

Of course she could have a different number now, but assuming she hasn't.

I haven't contacted her in 6 months. But I thought sending her a happy birthday message would brighten her day. Then I refrained from doing it on her birthday, as it might seem desperate in her eyes.
So I texted her 10 days afterwards.

I sent: "I know it's a bit late, but I hope you had a nice birthday x J"

Of course I expected to be ignored, because she has done this for an entire year now. But it would have been pretty easy to say 'thank you' or even 'why message me this late?'.

I'm getting the vibe that she is really angry at me and never wants to speak to me again. Or that she truly doesn't care. But then she could have at least said 'thank you' or 'ok'. Or something like that ya know.

What do you think?

Summary of breakup:
Broken up for over a year, she ignores me, had to let her go because she fancied someone else, first loves for 5 years.

44

Most Helpful Guy

• You never let her go dude. Letting her go means you don't fucking text her happy birthday 10 days after the real date because you're too busy over analyzing the situation.

As one guy to another: Let... Her... Go...

• I literally let her go when I broke up with her. Won't be able to delete the memories of that relationship.

And you didn't answer the question!

• Hard to believe that someone who was with another for 5 years doesn't give 'a shit' about the other. Of course there are SOME feelings left.
      She just chooses to ignore for some reason.

I just laugh at the disrespect to be honest, especially because she didn't have any friends wishing her a happy birthday during the time I knew her.
      Just testing the waters to see if she had grown up yet. Guess not.

• I know. It's hard to believe. Women are heartless creatures.