Texted ex I miss him.. no response?

i've been off and on with this guy for over a year.
in November we had a nasty break up.. a few weeks later i moved to another state to help with some family problems and took a semester off from school to help out.
while away i went into NC with him.. which was the first time i ever did that.
he eventually contacted me 2months later and i responded.. we got back into good terms. but, i wish i never did respond back to him.. it honestly set me back from moving on and made me miss him.
and i told him that i missed him the other day... and he never replied back to me.

in the past when we would go through our break ups id always tell him that i missed him. and he'd always respond whether it be a "i miss you too" or "i can't.. i'm talking to someone right now" he was always honest with me and always responded.
this time i get nothing back... he just straight up ignores it.
why? i mean i feel a little bit stupid now.. but i was just being honest with him.

11