If you dumped a girl because you "fell out of love" with her, what could she do to win you back?

My boyfriend broke up with me on Wednesday after 4 months because he said he realized I wasn't the one. He said he doesn't know how and he doesn't know why but it happened.

Literally though, everything up to that moment when he told me was PERFECT. He would hold my hand and cuddle and kiss and hug me thousands of times a day. He told me loved me so much numerous times every day. He held my hand whenever we walked anywhere or even if we were just watching tv on his bed. He would cuddle me to sleep every night and wake me up with a kiss on my forehead or cheek. He literally means everything to me and I need him back. What can I do?

He was also my best friend and I miss him in my life.
Updates:
What if (unless he talks to me) I don't talk to him for 1-2 weeks after I'm back at school. (I'm on spring break) If I see him, I'll be nice and say hi how are you type deal. Then I'll start slowly hanging out. with our mutual friends and him and
him and then talk about things with him. I'm going to tell him. the good parts of our relationship and the problems and explain that space was good because it allowed insight into what went wrong. Then I'm going to tell him we owe it to. each other

2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• The worse case would be that he really found someone else to give a try.
    The only thing to do in that case is to keep in touch rarely, never to dish him/the gal and simply wait. until he finds out she's NOT The One Either and wants to come crawling back to you, all sullied by & smelling of her. He's then yours fr the taking, hopefully satisfied not to stray again.

The best case would be that you didn't pass a secret test of his and he's the type that loves secrets. Such antics always drive intimate relationships to doom on the rocks, so this was his intention. So now that he has his space, a kind & loving person would clue you in BUT he's demonstrating the torture ahead for you if you pursue him. If you really want to know more about the tests failed, you'll have to get this out of his best friend, drinking buddy, sibling or even mother. Only then you'll be faced with choosing to be someone your not to attract him back and stay that way for many years.

Aside: some guys are more fickle than gals, hope he NOT a Sagittarius !

3|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Love may be as much about timing as it is about how compatible people are. You might be perfect for him, but perhaps he isn't ready to settle down? And since you are so ideal for him (and he was well on the way toward being in love with you), he was faced with a crossroads in his life: (1) keep the relationship going and commit to you long-term, or (2) break it off now while he still could. At your age, #1 is quite scary to some people--they can view it as the first step on the path toward getting old (settling down, getting married, having kids, etc.). If a person isn't ready for that (and some never are), then there isn't much you can do about it...

Note that he may not even be consciously aware of this decision, and it might only consciously appear to him that you are not "the one". The human mind is a complicated thing, and we don't always understand what's going on at deeper levels. This is why we all need to put the effort into understanding our deeper selves--even the parts of our mind that may not be so pleasant...

As for getting him back, it is highly unlikely if he doesn't want you back--especially if you do not truly know the reason for his action. And, as I said above, he may not even understand that himself. It is always possible that he may reconsider after some time has passed, but other than letting him know that you still care for him you cannot make him change his mind. And, although the relationship was fantastic from your perspective *up to this point*, it would not stay that way if he doesn't want to be with you. In reality it would become miserable for you in the future if he could not return your love...

My advice is for you to understand that you don't *need* him. Yes, you miss him terribly and want him back, but you *can* go on without him. It may hurt for a while, but time does heal all wounds...

3|0
    0|0
  • My guess is that he's interested in another girl (or something has led him to believe that there's another girl out there that he will like better).

Either that, or he's lying to you, and there was something you did that he couldn't put up with but he doesn't want to tell you specifically what it is. But that's less likely, because usually guys will be honest about any complaints they have if you let them be.

So I'm going to go with the assumption that he thinks he can find a better girl out there for him.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can let him do is try. Because otherwise he'll never know, and even if you convince him to get back together with you now, he'll always wonder if the grass really was greener on the other side.

While you're waiting for him to explore his other options, you can do one of two things. You can either wait patiently, and hope he comes back to you. Or you can move on with your life, and look for other guys who are available.

The latter is your better option, because if he sees you waiting for him, he's going to think you'll always be available, and thus he'll never come back to you.

Of course, no promises that he'll ever come back anyway, because if he does find another girl he likes better than you... well that's tough.

That is why the only sensible thing to do at this point is to move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • You listed all of the things he did, but what did you do? I'm not trying to accuse you or anything just trying to trigger some thinking. To be honest I do this same kind of thing when I'm with someone and the thing girls often never do is return the affection. I figure this is probably because they're used to the mentality of guys supplying the affection but not needing much of it, which is very untrue with guys that show a lot of affection. But for all I know you show tons of affection.

You can't really win him back, just continue to be involved in his life and his close friend, and if he thinks he made a mistake he'll come back to you. This might or might not happen, but if you try to hasten the process then it probably never will. It's hard but sometimes people just aren't meant to be together and forcing them to will only end in unhappiness for both.

6|1
    3|0
    • I did the same for him. Literally. I would tell him how perfect his and how much I loved him and how much he meant to me and how great he was. When we were cuddling watching tv, I would kiss his foread and his hand, or the back of his head if I was the big spoon. I literally did EVERYTHING for him and I desperately need him back.

• Show All
    • These feelings don't often come back after they're lost, what's best for you is to try to recover and meet someone new. If he thinks he made a mistake and comes back to you then there you go, but chances are this won't happen.

You need to try to move on, for both of you. Breaking up is a big decision, and I doubt he made it lightly.

• They should really make you comment when you rate down to say why you disagree, lol.

• My god..."fall out of love" What a ridiculous set of words. You don't "Fall out of love" You fall out of infatuation with looks and excitement which fades.

6|1
    0|0
    • amen to that

• "I decided to wing it, dragged this out, and realized this wasn't for me. Sorry I wasted your time and emotions." *eyeroll* Some of the things guys say when they break up.

• The only way you will win him back is if you become what God created you to be: A woman. Feminine, desirable, and willing to fight for your man. Anything less and whatever hold any other girl has on him will never be broken. You have to become more of a woman to him than anyone else.

0|0
    0|1
  • So long as she is attractive, fun, drama free, good conversation, and lots of enthusiastic sex I would keep her around. Fail to deliver on any of those and it's time to kick her to the curb for an updated model.

4|1
    4|0
    • Down vote all you want, ladies. Crass as it may sound, this is basically a pretty accurate summary of the ideal woman. Down voting doesn't make it less true. You can deny it, or you can learn from it.

• You're done. It's over. There is more to it but he's probably trying to spare your feelings by not telling you. It's probably been coming for a while too.

Believe me. For a guy to turn down a relationship with girl we like (if you were friends he probably does like you) there's something going on.

If he doesn't want to tell you why, you don't want to know. Don't press it, because if you drag it out of him it'll hurt you worse. Just accept it and move on however you can.

2|1
    1|0
  • A very similar thing happened to me after senior year of high school... I broke up with my girlfriend because i realized I didn't love her and it wasn't fair to either of us. I may have been the right guy for her, but at a fundamental level she just wasn't right for me, and I know it sucked for her, but she went on to a much better relationship, which a year and a half later is still strong. I just realized one day that I had been wanting to love her, but that I didn't actually love her.

2|1
    0|0
  • Its simple. He loves you or he doesn't. When you do talk to him next time, ask him why did he broke up with you. Dont get anger come in your tone though. Listen to whatever he says. If he doesn't want to say, ask him to speak more clearly and lucid. In a relationsship clearity of thoughts is necessary. Ad then decide whether you want to be with him or not. And all this time, just be cool.

2|1
    0|0
  • Make him jealous by getting with another guy. Most likely he left u for another woman, but is keeping it on the down low. He's not just going to give up his source of pussy, right.

Truthfully, u need to move on, if he comes back, fine, but don't dwell on him, u can do better.

0|0
    1|0
  • The simplest solution is probably: give the story a week of time for the emotion to disappear. Than do the classic move: approach him and tell him you would like to talk. If you miss him, tell him. And ask him why he was so certain you weren't the one.
    If it was a "decision" you may not be successful. But if it was an emotional moment leading to dumping you, showing that you're still very serious about the two of you may save your relationship.

0|0
    1|0
  • Don't think you can. If someone truly has fallen out of love with you you're on to a no hoper. Its the most difficult thing in the world to do but you have to move on.

2|0
    1|0
  • Yeah why does everybody pretend to be Ms. Right? do you really want him back? that's very possible and you will see, if you want you could, you just move on never speak with him about your " relation" because it's over so just be nice smile with him if you see him, be the sweetest candy in the world and start "dating" a new guy, if he really loves you he will take you right back, good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • good luck , love is a ring of fire and sometimes, if u dont notice, the flames are to hot to control and sometimes unexpectedly get exstinguished a poets answer to your query

3|0
    0|0
  • never look back Conqueso
    . You will always be at a disadvantage.

4|1
    1|0
  • sorry to hear about the breakup. sounds like it came out of nowhere.

I think in these circumstances there isn't a lot you can do. for whatever reason he discovered that what he thought he was really enjoying wasn't really there. it sucks because it doesn't sound like it had much to do with you and more something in him that changed. I don't think you generally can go about winning people back in these situations.

if there was a clear reason behind the breakup. like you were too clingy, or a control freak or not physically intimate, etc then you could try and fix those things but in this situation the question is.

what do you fix? and since he's given no clear indication what went wrong there isn't any clear indicator of what you could attempt to change.

furthermore if a guy is so fickle as to be "so in love" and then so quickly not in love I think you have to question whether or not you want that person back

3|0
    0|0
  • Take me to a special place where I hold your hand and said "I love you" the first time. Then tell me your ever love stories. If I have taken you into my heart, I will be touched. If not, you will be hard to win me back...

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't try and throw yourself at this guy, because this will just cause him to create more distance. Your good in your approach by showing no bitterness, but you need to come across as you respect his decision and are willing to go along with his choices. Don't show him your pain, show other guys more attention than him, because it is only when he realises that the choice he has made has left a void to fill, and only when he realises that what he is missing is you. He needs to realise this on his own, but you need to come across as your giving him the space he desires. It sounds crazy to do the opposite of what you feel, but you really do need to be strong enough to show him that you are willing to move on as much as he is, and this is the only way you will gain his interest again. If you can't do this, then its best you stay away from him, otherwise you will start to come across as desperate, and this will just kill all if any of your chances, x

0|0
    0|0
  • She would better do herself a favor first and FORGET the dude, like FOREVER.

1|1
    0|0
  • nothing... love cannot be won... get over him and move on...

0|0
    0|0
  • Give it a lttle time to settle, perhaps he doesn't want to be in relation.

0|0
    0|0
  • If after 4 months he doesn't feel like it anymore, it's over. It's been a very short relationship, you'll get over it in the blink of an eye.

2|0
    0|0
  • the problem is your not doing anything in return or taking initiative, your making the guy do everything, he shows his love for you but i get the impression that you dont show anything, if you want him- i mean REALLY want him, than show it, if you dont know how to treat a guy than your just going to lose out, no one is going to tell you how to get a guy back

3|0
    5|0

What Girls Said 29

• I'm sorry for your pain, sweetie. I am reading all the "Perfect things" he seemed to be when you were together, and the kind of man who every girl would want "waking them up with a kiss on their forehead or cheek" every nite and morning. I can see how you would want him back.
    However, unlike a kitchen faucet, love just doesn't "turn itself off" like That. Something Must have prompted his decision to just wake up one day and tell you all this, and he can't even give you some logical explanation as to How Or Why it happened. If anything here, things should have Continued to be nurtured with both of you growing as One, Not him ending up telling you that you weren't The One.
    I'm not sure sure what good it would do for you to ask him to see you and just talk, and try and make amends. Perhaps it's too soon, and he may need time alone to think and do some soul searching. He also may have gotten cold duck feet one day and couldn't handle the commitment, and needed to break away, with whatever excuse he could find to let you down easy. And if there was another chick, I am quite sure you would already have known something by now.
    Give him some time, let him alone to do whatever he needs to do to put things into perspective. Being you had been so close, shared this special bond, there is a very good chance he might have a change of his own broken heart, and come ringing your bell sometime soon.
    If you don't hear anything from him in the next few weeks, send him a text, just asking how he is. See where that goes. If you find things have truly ended, then take your own time to lick your wounds and move on, sweetie. And for awhile, don't wear your heart on your sleeve.
    Good luck. xx

2|0
    0|0
  • I know you miss him now, but give yourself some time to process this. A few weeks spent reflecting and doing things you love might show you just how okay you will be without him.

I don't know how old you two are, but sounds like you both are still in school. It's hard to make a commitment at that age because there is so much opportunity afforded by our youth. Thing is, this guy still has a long time before he is going to have to think about making a huge committment. Now, I'm not saying you were trying to push him into that, but it sounds like to me he was feeling that push.

He had to break things off before they became too permanent and hard to break off. There becomes a point in every relationship where things can end and both people can eventually move on without much hurt after a period of time.

I think you need to let this guy go because it sounds like it wasn't meant to be. He ended things because of his own reasons, which you may never understand. People can be confusing that way.

I dated a guy for 2 years and I treated him so well and loved him so much, yet he had no feelings whatsoever for me. Now I had a hard time explaining that concept to family and friends, but I had to face that fact. I let him go because I didn't want to be with someone who didn't love me. I deserved to be loved.

You will love again, and will find someone who wants to be in a relationship with you. Sounds like this guy was not the one. I'm sorry!

0|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing you can do but accept what he's told you. That's painful, I know, but let it go. Have enough respect for yourself and value yourself more. See past the pain and ask yourself, why would I want someone who does not love me? You can't spend your life chasing after anyone, convincing them to love you (not possible anyway) or begging for their affection.

LOTS of guys fall into this trap. When we care, it goes to their heads, they say they don't love us, but soon as we are moving on, suddenly THEN they realize what they've lost. Usually then though it's too late. I'm sure you're a good girlfriend and this will end up HIS loss.

In the future, be MUCH more careful believing guys. They will say/do ANYTHING very often, including lying, to get inside our pants.

Many of them do NOT feel the same bond that we do at that point, and this is why they can so coldly tell us they do not love us. So realize that this all works differently for each gender. You can't rush into sex, give over your heart too soon, make a guy EARN your love, trust and body. If he doesn't do that upfront, he won't stick around cause he's only out to score.

We all live and learn, but take your pride and self respect and GIVE HIM what he wants. Block him off your phone. DO NOT BE HIS FRIEND, take him OFF your FB list - remove ALL traces of him from your life.

I'm sure that in itself will also make him realize what he's just done, but do it and mean it.

3|0
    1|0
  • im so sorry that happened. I know the pain u must be feeling. I totally get that feeling of wanting to get him back into your life and u probably don't want to hear and receive this right now, but honey he did u favor. why men do the things they do we women will never understand. but you don't need to be doing any of that trying to win him back bullshit. he had his chance with you and didn't appreciate you. you are worth far more than begging and trying to win him back. that is your heart talking. you just want things to go back to that happy place, the way they used to be. you won't accept this now but in time you will understand that he did you a favor. let him walk out of your life. you are a precious jewel and you only deserve the people who appreciate you and WANT to be there.

logically, most men (and women) will date many people before they find the person they will settle down with. I don't mean to be cruel, but the truth is, you were not that person. this isn't anything against you, but this guy wasn't ready to settle down. you guys had your time, and now its over. :/ 4 months isn't very long at all. he probably wants to date around and didn't want things to get very serious. it is better that he ended things now at 4 months, instead of waiting a year, 2 years, 3+ and beyond where you would have fallen much deeper in love and gotten way more attached. or worse, brought children into the picture

this guy isn't the one. sometimes men will do all the things that women need to feel loved, secure, cared about even when they have no intention on staying for the long haul. im sorry this happened.

the best thing for u to do is No Contact. erase him from your life and take the steps to move on. it will take a while, but you will get to a point where he is just a paragraph in your book of life. if you do this no contact for AT LEAST a month or two, eventually he will start sniffing around. but don't take him back b. c he didn't see what he had

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry you're going through this right now. I pretty much agree with what most of the other opinions said. There really isn't anything you can do to change what has happened. I just wanted to say that it feels so big and horrible right now but in time you'll be okay and move on from this, possibly to find someone better anyway.

The thing is no one controls their feelings. You feel what you feel, you desire what you desire, you like what you like... so as hard as it is to hear it remember that it could of went in so many different directions. Like someone pointed out he could of dragged it on for years after you had gotten more attached, had children, etc... and then told you this.
    He could of cheated on you, looking for what he was looking for elsewhere without being upfront with you.

I understand it really hurts right now, but he did you a favor. He's giving you the chance to move on as well to find someone who does love you and gives you what you deserve. For whatever reason he didn't feel he could do that anymore but that's completely on him, not you.
    You deserve to find someone who does love you and wants to be with you. Don't waste your time chasing someone that isn't worth it.

At the same time I do want to say that you know him better than anyone here. You know the relationship you had with him. So while its good to get some outside opinions, you're going to have to go with what YOU know is right. If there's more to the story or something specific you know you could change, do it... but don't keep running after someone if they can't or won't be who you need and deserve in your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can try to do things that will somehow sell him the idea of getting together again, but I would be cautious and simply drill into my brain that this is over, relationship wise. Against what some have said here, I don't think you need to "give more affection back" to prove him you're "the one". If that had been the case and he would have felt with a shortage of affection displays from you, he would have said that. What he said was something completely different. He just doesn't feel it. He's just not that into you. What I think happened, which is something that has happened to me, is that he woke up one day and realized that he loved you as a friend and there isn't this... passion that told him he wanted to be with you through thick and thin. There just isn't and it's not something you can dicuss and re-build in a conversation.

Two conclusions... Maybe down the road he will realize that he actually loves you and what better partner than his best friend turning into his significant other, but this won't take a week or a month. For this to happen he needs clarity achieved upon many realizations and quite a bit of time. The other road is: he won't feel it and you will remain friends if you are both civil and get over it. I don't sense you're getting over him soon, so I advise distance to prevent you from harm. After a situation like this it is unlikely that your wish to get him back will fade away like nothing happened.

Don't beg. If he says he's not up for a relationship, just let it go. He will go on to find a girl that sparks this... hurricane-in-the stomach passion in him. It hurts to read this, but you are not the one. Maybe he was mistaking feelings and one day it just made him feel uncomfortable. At least he was being honest! You did nothing wrong. Also, accept that the friendship you had is now changed. Take things easy and slow there, for some things have been broken and need repair. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude. It was only 4 months. Move on. Clearly, he's just not that into you. It might be something you did, it might not be. But that won't change the fact that you're not what he wants anymore. You need to just let go. You probably aren't as in love with him as you think you are, and in a few months I guarantee you'll be on to the next "perfect" one. You're still young, there's plenty of men out there. Happy hunting

2|1
    1|0
  • HE broke up with you because he doesn't want to be with you. Unless he comes crawling back saying he made a mistake. There isn't anything you can do.

Some men and women are like that. They simply change their minds. You were only dating for 4 months, its not as if he was your finance and he left you at the alter.

It isn't hat big of a deal. Be grateful it happened now rather than later. You'll find someone else, who'll probably be better and not so hot and cold from one moment to the next.

3|0
    1|0
  • I had the same thing happen to me with my ex. Honestly there is nothing you can do to make him fall back in love with you. Once he says that there's usually no chance of going back to how it used to be. He probably just lost feelings and it's hard to get those feelings back. If you try to hard it's going to push him away more. I suggest you try and move on.

3|0
    1|0
  • I've been there before. The relationship was 4 months in and he gave me some similar bs reasoning.

If he doesn't see you as good enough to be with him, fine. You don't need him, let alone need to win him back. Why do you want to cling on to some guy who doesn't even WANT you?

It sucks- rejection sucks. But if you look at the big picture, do you really want to be fawning over a guy who decided that your time and presence wasn't for him and he gladly cut you loose?

Don't go chasing that. The fact that you're already plotting to get him back is showing how unstable you are about all of this and makes me wonder how YOU behaved in the relationship.

You're allowed to mourn, ponder, and question if it helps you come to terms with everything. But don't ever go chasing after someone who dumps you. You lose a LOT of credibility.

I attempted to get in touch a few times, just to say hi since I wasn't opposed to being friends somewhere along the lines. That douche proceeded to act like an ill mannered POS. I had to stop myself and realize that this guy wasn't worth ANY of my time.

You need to do the same too. It won't happen like a light switch, but you need to realize that this is the goal you need to reach emotionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • The way you describe your relationship is basically that he was constantly giving you attention, praising you, and making you feel good about yourself. That's a lot of giving on his end. What did he receive? What gave your relationship depth and made it 'real' instead of being so superficial? Your relationship sounds like unicorns dancing on rainbows.

1|2
    0|0
  • Honey, if a guy says you aren't the one - are you going to put yourself dan by trying to convince him you are?

As soon as you accept it and walk away then he'll be able to really decide what he wants and what he's missing. and it might take some time.

I know its easier said than done, but you should keep your heels and your standards high

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. Once someone is no longer interested in you, it's best to leave what happened behind you. Pushing getting back together could end up in him hating you. It's over, the most you can do is move on and find someone else who could end up being better.

0|1
    0|0
  • The most ungrateful animal on the planet: the human.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with you to the point that someone can't love you back or that you loose a person's affection. Here is the thing with both men and women. We want to be loved and appreciated but at the same time once we receive that we take it for granted. Gradually the other person becomes old and routine. What you have to do in future relationships, is not give your all. Keep part of yourself for yourself. You don't feed the dog your whole refrigerator you give him small treats he earns from good behavior. Then after a year or so you give him a great meal (not speaking metaphorically on this sentence). So anything wrong with you? No.

How do you win him back? Find someone better who has more money, more handsome etc. Make him suffer and then dump him and stay with the guy who is better.

2|0
    1|0
    • I do not agree with this advice at all. They dated for 4 months, nothing had become 'routine' yet. He tried it out, it wasn't for him, end of story. She should be looking to date other men, yes. Is her dating other men going to make the first guy suffer? Absolutely not. He doesn't care.

• Either way at least she would be moving on.

• Love isn't the glue that holds a relationship together. Sure, it feels that way at the start, but after that initial honeymoon period priorities do change. At that point 'love' becomes a routine thing; we then start to enrich our relationships in other ways. If the relationship isn't progressing to those next levels, then you can either work through it or leave it before things get too serious.

If you want to get this guy back then you need to start by finding out why you weren't the one. There was something important that he needed more than love that he wasn't getting with you. If you're happy to go to any lengths to get him back then try discussing this with him and see if he wants to give it another try.

1|1
    1|0
  • that's what my boyfriend is like. it's hard to find genuine, sweet boys. i would feel so sad if this happened. i suggest you try to do more of what he likes.

1|0
    1|0
    • for example, my boyfriend loves kissing but i've never been into it. recently when we went through a rough patch i tried to analyze the situation and decided that i need to give more and be more thoughtful like how he is to me.

• I dont think you should push it. He does sound like a great guy but he outright told you that he is not interested anymore. Maybe he likes somebody else, or maybe he just doesn't like you that way anymore. the spark is gone.. Its not like you two were married.

I understand you want him in your life, if so at least pretend to let go of the relationship, and try for friends. tell him there is no hard feelings and you want remain friends. If he really is that great guy who loved you once, he would agree.

1|1
    0|0
  • There may be something that he's just not telling you. He might have been treating you the same because he wanted to break up with you but he didn't want you to suspect anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd move on. We often ask ourselves, what have we done wrong, when the relationship is over. And we obsess over it, thinking there's a way to get it back and that's what keeps us from moving on. Which you will. Trust me. Been there, done that.

But if you can talk to him about it, then do that. Ask for honesty and don't get mad when you get it. If he cares, he will tell you if there's a way to get back together, if there was really something you did wrong. Maybe he felt like he was just giving and got nothing in return? But whatever you find out, it will either get him back to you or at least give you closure.:D

3|1
    1|0
    • Dating and making a man fall in love is not easy. She probably didn't do anything wrong. Even guys dont understand what makes them tick. How is he going to explain that to her.

• Maybe he does know. That's why I think she should ask him. If he doesn't than he'll tell her that. Not every guy is the same.

• If it was only four months then I'd say he probably didn't fall in love with you to begin with, that's why he ended things. He really liked you at first and the infatuation made him want to cuddle and all that good stuff with you but then once that started to fade away he realized the relationship wasn't the right fit for him. I know it sucks but you can't force a relationship to work. It just means there's a better guy out there for you somewhere else. You'll have to survive on your own in the meantime.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lust can act like love in the beginning lust usually goes away around 4/5 months. Sorry chances are he never loved you just was very lustful towards you

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry to hear this, but I think it is over and you need to start accepting that.

You write about all the things he did to show you he liked you. You say those are the things you miss. I get that you miss these parts of being in a relationship, but you are not actually saying you miss anything about him as a person. Just that you miss the affection he showed you.

If this is what comes first for you, your next boyfriend will likely be an adequate replacement, because there is a good chance he will do a lot of these things too. Honestly, it sounds more like you care about being in a relationship than the person you are in that relationship with.

He's human. He has interests and goals and desires and maybe he realized that as people you two didn't match particularly well once you got beyond the affection. Affection isn't enough. It gets old and boring fast and other people start to seem interesting. You need to find someone else who suits you better. Obviously it is over for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would chalk it up as he was caught in the feeling, basically he was infatuated with you. So he did care, but it wasn't a mature love.

1|0
    0|1
  • I don't think there is much you can do.

0|2
    0|0
  • Think it's time you let it go and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • ignore him..
    well better to move on...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing.. It's time for you to move on

0|2
    0|0
  • You don't need him back, and you probably won't get him back, so I'd try to drop that notion asap. You can't change someone's feelings, there isn't much you can do here besides focus on moving on. There was something that he felt just didn't quite click between the two of you. He was interested, checked it out with you by dating for a few months and decided you weren't what he was looking for, time to move on.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just beg him asking him if you can have a second chance.

1|0
    4|0

Recommended myTakes