Is he lying or cheating on me?

My boyfriend and i have been dating for 7 months. His last relationship his gf cheated on him and he broke up with her after 4 years because he didn't love her anymore. Sometimes he is a jerk to me and doesn't act like he wants to be with me. When we are out he doesn't talk to me much but his brother and dad are the same way with their wives. I have had bad luck with guys in the past and have been cheated on so I'm scared of getting hurt again. I know not all guys are the same. His mom and couple other people have said they haven't seen him this happy for awhile. But to me sometimes he doesn't seem happy. We have been fighting a lot lately due to me not fully trusting him. He gets mad because he wants me to trust him and says he doesn't lie to me and hasn't cheated on me and never will. I found condoms in his pickup last week and asked why they were in there. He said that when he was Goin through his receipts they were on the bottom and he just set them there. He took them out because I told him too. Also couple days ago I noticed he deleted texts from a girl he use to sleep with. He keeps all his texts so I was a little upset on why he would delete them. He said he doesn't remember when he deleted them. She was in a relationship but couple weeks ago I saw she was single. I don't know whether to believe him or not. Please help me I need to get over this because it's not healthy in our relationship. He says he loves me and wants to marry me. We live together so we spend every night together. I just don't know what to do anymore and what to believe. I'm tired of getting hurt :(
So does it sound like he is lying or telling the truth? Also does it sound like he is cheating on me?

70

Most Helpful Girl

• Sweetie, please relax and learn to trust this man until he gives you Absolute proof in the pudding that he has done you wrong.
    He's been burned before by a cheetah, so he knows how it feels. I realize, you too, have been stung.
    Although he isn't the walkie talkie he should be out in public, it sounds like it's nothing personal, just "runs in the family." If his mom and other people are noticing his happy thoughts then those are Ones who obviously see something Good that you may be too close to notice. However, alone with you, he may feel sometimes some of his past haunts him.
    Mistrust and feeling insecure will put a monkey wrench in a relationship faster than you can say "Jack Rabbit." Because of these odd coincidences, things that don't look right in your eyes, now he seems like this "liar" you're living with, spending every nite with, but yet do you know for sure he is Not where he says he is during the Day?
    Perhaps he deleted these texts from this girl who just happen to text him because he didn't want you to suspect he was cheating, and she just so happen to contact him. Now that she is single, don't you think he could go be with her Again if he wanted to?
    Sometimes in a fit of frustration and panic, we allow our minds to play tricks on us, causing these paranoid thoughts and feelings, and it will damage a relationship. He is getting uptight because he says he loves You, and wants a chance to prove that he can be trusted, and as the saying goes: "Someone is innocent until proven guilty."
    He is living with you, which I feel is a big step for a man who had a bad experience with a hoe, and he has even asked you to marry him in the future. He has chosen you. I am quite sure he could have chosen anyone after his other raw deal, but he found someone amazing, and I think that if you truly love each other, learn to have more trust, and More open lines of communication, in order to hold down a happy haven and make things Stay healthy.
    Good luck. xx

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for responding. Your comment really made me think and helped. Thank you :)

• :)) xx

• Where there is Love, there is always a way.. xx