Why do you think he told me this?

There's this guy I have been through everything with. Started off liking each other a lot , on the verge of going out about a year ago. Long story short I fell in love with him but he didn't back. We went through a period of really liking each other, a period of being best friends, a period of arguing, a period of not talking whatsoever. He's always come back though because he's missed me. He's told me things he's never told anyone and same with me, we've been each others' first of some sexual things (not sex, and he's the only guy i've ever done anything with so please don't call me a s| ut). Basically for about a year now we've gone through a lot but we've been each others 'only person' for a lot of things, if that makes sense.

He started liking another girl about 4 or 5 months ago and theyre seeing each other I think, but not in a relationship anytime soon. They just have a 'thing'. He started fading from me and 2 or 3 weeks ago I sent him a few texts and he didn't reply. Before last night I had sent him 4 texts in the past 3 weeks and he didn't reply to any. I took it at that point that I had to move on yet I was okay with it. Then last night he said he's sorry for being slack and that he just wants me to know and doesn't want me to forget that he hasn't forgotten me. I asked him if he was done with having me in his life and he said yes, then later on in the conversation he said he wouldn't mind being friends but he wants to sleep on it and he'll tell me tonight.

My question is, why do you think he felt it necessary to tell me 'just dont forget that I haven't forgotten you' even though he's uncertain if he even wants me in his life at all?
I understand this question may sound stupid but I would really only like serious answers If you're going to be rude & tell me to grow up or thereabouts then please don't answer because I don't treat other people like that on here.

If you read all this thank you so much. I really, really appreciate it xxx

02

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't want to sound harsh, but i think he is buying his time to see how things are going with this new girl and trying to keep you on the back burner in case it doesn't work out, if you like someone as a friend or more you know it and don't need time to think about it.