Extremely crazy girl I dated once is hounding me and now knows where I live. How do I get her to leave me be?

I met this girl at a concert, and initially thought she was strange but fun. We traded numbers, got to know each other, and I found she was a lot of fun to talk with. As we got to know each other I realized we had a lot of very similar interests and started falling for her a bit, but I also slowly found she has a bit of a dark history with drugs and relationships. She swore to me she was done with anything harder than adderall though and I believed her so I eventually decided to try a date...

And it was the worst date I've ever been on. It started great, we chatted, had a few drinks, everything was fine. Then as the bar filled she had a panic attack and self-medicated after having several drinks. Next thing I know she's slurring lewd comments towards random guys, stumbling around, gave me a hickey in the middle of a crowded bar, and then when I'd had enough and said I was leaving she begged me to find her car and drive her home as she had to work in the morning and wasn't capable of driving.

So I drove her home and took a cab back to my place despite her offer to stay. She didn't take the news that I didn't want to go on another date well. In fact I've blocked her on three numbers. I just got another message from her and it's been over a month since we went on that date... and she knows where I live somehow.

I'm actually beginning to worry for my safety. What can I do to get her out of my life?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Better be clear. Tell her why you made the decision of not going on a second date with her. If she gets mad or anything, tell her it is what it is. And if she pushes things as far as suddenly showing up at your doorstep, tell her it has ceased being civil and you will do what it takes for you to feel safe even if it is resorting to the police. You never know what people under the influence might do.

In a way I feel sorry for her, because maybe it's the drugs that put her in bad shape. You said you could have fun together until that point. So... it's sad, but you shouldn't hang out with someone potentially harmful to your safety.