I don't think I love my gf anymore?

My gf and I have been together for 9 almost 10 years. I am 29. I honestly think we got to serious to soon. She is the only serious relationship I have had. Not that I have had many relationships though. She is also the only girl I've had sex with. However we don't see eye to eye anymore and for the last 3.5 years we just argue more than anything else. We moved in together 6 years ago. Now she still lives with me in my place. I don't think I love her anymore. I am not sexually attracted to her. We have not had sex in almost a year. No intimacy of any kind for that matter. I chose not to talk to her if I don't have to. She says she still is in love though. Do I just give up and deal so she gets what she wants or do I get a say in what I want in my life? I find myself attracted to other girls by sight obviously without knowing them. But have never begun to know anyone else. Also all my friends who are/were girls don't talk to me anymore.

I have always thought I have never wanted to get married or have kids. But recently i have begun thinking about those two things. The majority of my friends have kids or married or getting married and so on. Is this impacting my thoughts?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Move on. If you're having ANY doubts about the relationship or your feelings for her, it is best that you part ways. One of my best friends just ended his 8 yr relationship and he was depressed and lonely at first, but in the long run it was so good for him. haven't seen him so happy in years. Also if you haven't had sex/intimacy in about a year... and you live together... it just doesn't make sense to me. Not that sex is all there is to a relationship, but it is very important. And you mentioned you're not attracted to her... there's your answer

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks. I have been diagnosed with depression. How do I end it? I have told her I am not attracted to her and we need to part ways. But she doesn't think I am serious.

• It would be helpful if she/you moved out. She might be in denial and is hoping your feelings will come back. I dont know for sure but as a female, if my boyfriend of 10 years told me he wanted out I would feel like all that time I spent with him will go to waste. I made the mistake of staying in a relationship I didn't want and it made me even more resentful. The only reason I stayed with him for another year was because I didn't want the other 3 to go to waste.. And I guess I was trying to fix something that couldnt be fixed. You should break up with her gently and in good terms asap. For me I just cut off all contact and for my friend, he was going to move to another state for school.. So it was "easier" for us.. Nine years is a long time and I've never been in a relationship longer than four... I would sit down with her and just be straightforward- tell her you don't want to stay in the relationship anymore.