How should I behave with the presance of his new gf?

Please help guys! I was dating a guy like 3 months, he asked me have sex all the tine but I always rejected saying that i need relationship for that. He was acting like interested and caring but i got wht he wants. And one day he told me he may get a gf in the future. We were all friends with bunch of people including my sis. And recently my sister was going to organize an event and invited him too, and he asked her "can I bring my gf with me"? I was really surprised coz I stayed over in his place like 2 weeks ago and he still couldn't help hugging and kissing me. And tmr I am going to an event and he is going to go there with his gf. So I don't know how to behave if I see them together, should I be like normal, friendly or ignorant to him and his gf? And why he should tell my sis and convince her to bring his gf if he knows I'm going to be there
i am soooo confused, please help

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• /puts on my chaotic neutral wizards hat

maybe in front of his new gf, bring up staying at his place two weeks earlier and say something like you really wish he had been more patient because you really wanted to have sex, but you were on your period or something.

or again in front of the new gf, as straight faced as you can, just say that you got the results back from your doctor and that the infection should be gone in a week, but he should really go get himself checked out too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think he exactly did anything wrong. You were interested in a relationship. He didn't feel that way about you, he was only interested in hooking up. From what I've read he didn't manipulate you or lie or anything, he just wanted less then you did.

Now he has a girlfriend. There's no reason for you to be mad, but it's also natural to feel rejected and to not particularly want to be around him. That's fine too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be you... if you want to say hi or do small talk just do it... you always have the option to ignore him or you can bring a date as well...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Your sis shouldn't have said anything. He knows now that you are upset about the situation and are likely going through emotional turmoil because of it. You should have kept your cool and pretended like it's not a issue. My advice is to just be friendly-ish but to also keep your ground around him. You don't have to be as friendly as I'd assume you used to be because it sounds like's a waste of time anyway. So basically, if you are faced with having him around you can still be friendly but don't go out of your way to be around him and his new gf. Talk to other people instead and try to slowly end this friendship because it's just going to make it harder for you to move on if you keep this going.

0|0
    0|0
  • What confuses me is this: You're friends with a guy, then date him for 3 months, constantly saying you want a relationship, then he leaves. Were you working on any kind of relationship in those three months? Or was he more someone you wanted to keep in the friend zone for as long as possible because it felt safer?

It sounds like the latter and I'm betting that's why he thought it was acceptable for him to move on.

Everyone has their own needs and priorities in relationships; but they're by no means universal. If you can't work toward mutual goals then it's best to walk away.

Until you've gotten over him, my advice would be to either avoid the event, or at least avoid him at the event. It'll just make you feel worse if you try and confront it. If you're already over it then just act like how friends normally act.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes