How can someone get over a recent break up when they were completely blindsided and genuinely thought they had a future with that man?

Recently, the guy I've been dating for over 6 months broke up with me. We broke up because I'm moving to the east coast in about 4 months. Even though I'm moving I was completely blindsided by the break up because he's spent months convincing me we could do long distance and that he saw a future life with me. I'm heart broken, if anyone has any tips on how to get over a guy after you've completely fallen for them please share them. Also if you have any potential ideas on why he would have broken up with me after everything he said, please share them. Thank you guys for your help.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like maybe he really wasn't ok with having a long-distance relationship, after all. Maybe he thought he was for all those months, but then he realized that he really wasn't.

As for getting over a break-up that blindsided you, it certainly is tough. I think just meeting new people and spending as much time with your friends and trying to have fun is good to do after any breakup. Just find something else to focus on (like school or work, stuff like that) to keep your mind off of him as much as possible :)