Did my ex contact me because she still wants me? Or she is just lonely?

I broke up with my ex last month and we went no contact. I heard from her today she was telling me we could be platonic friends. And then she started asking me questions about a guy she likes and how to get him and such.

Is she trying to make me jealous? Or she really is desperate for other guy?

Updates:
I broke up with her. She did try to reconcile but I rejected. She wished me well so I wasn't expecting to hear from her at all

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know your history with your ex, but asking for advice about another guy just doesn't sound like a "platonic" thing to do.. I mean, the only reason why I would bring up another guy so quickly is if I was trying to make my ex jealous. I don't want to make you read too much into it, but her actions seem to say that she either 1) doesn't care about your feelings or 2) cares about making you jealous, and neither of those are very good.
    If I were you, I would continue "no contact" and simply not respond to her questions about the other guy. If she's trying to get you riled up by making you jealous, she will quickly get discouraged when you don't respond. Being the bigger person is hard at first, but it's so much better in the long run.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I think you had a short relationship, but you'll correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps the feelings she had for you wore off and now she genuinely starts looking at you like another friend. Could be.

Even if this was true, she's also expecting some reaction from you, in which case, don't fall in her trap.

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like she either just wants your attention or she wants to make you jealous Or, lol, she's trying to show you she moved on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm. Probably a little bit of both. She could be lying about wanting to be just friends. She probably contacted you because she misses you but started talking about getting another guy because she wants to fool you into thinking that she has moved on from you. Think about it: if she was going for another guy and wasn't interested in you anymore, what would be the point of even talking to you??

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that you should talk to her anymore. Clearly, you are not over her and (we both don't know what she is upto) if you do want her back then you should be direct and honest. Otherwise, commenters here will give you false hope and you'll be wasting your time. Ask her, face on. There's no shame when 'it's matters to the heart.' Because otherwise you'll hurt and that sucks. I've been there. It's not fun.

0|0
    0|0
    • I only want sex from her she has the best body ever and really great in bed but FYI she stopped talking to me

• Sounds like bruised ego and wants to use you for comfort

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask. Her. Blunt honesty is always good. Don't dance around the bush, or whatever that saying is, figure it out for the sake of your friendship and sanity!

0|0
    0|0
  • If you broke up with her I'd say she is trying to make you jealous to get you back

0|0
    0|0
  • question is you broke up with her, do you want her back?

0|0
    0|0
  • She's trying to make you jealous lol

0|0
    0|0
  • He's just lonely

0|0
    0|1
  • Could either be that she actually values your opinions and wants your advice on the new guy cause you know her so well, or she could just be trying to make you jealous. Hard to tell

0|0
    0|0
  • She's trying to make you jealous

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm assuming she's trying to make you jealous. But It could also be mixed in with interest for the other guy as well. But definitely aware that she's attempting to make you jealous. Doesn't always mean she wants you back either. Or maybe she's not sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • She might just be looking to you for help.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Neither one of those options is going to be good for you right now. I'd stick with no contact and just straight up tell her that's how you are going to keep things.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes