Should I cut ties with my ex? As in, unfollow and/or block? She broke up with me two weeks ago and is trying to rub a new boyfriend in my face?

So my gf called me 2 Fridays ago and broke up w/ me. I had no idea it was coming and thought things were fine. The main reason for the split: I wasn't the best boyfriend (I wasn't some knight in shining armor, I was a real person who had flaws). I'm not some cheating, abusive, sex addicted d-bag like 70% of other high school guys, but she definitely made me out to be that. I tried my best to make her happy and treated her decently, but I did have slip-ups. The main problem was that she wouldn't communicate to me about anything I did wrong. The relationship wasn't supposed to be too serious anyways, there were no "I love you"s, because we weren't in love. And I am almost 18 and a senior, while she is 15 and a sophomore so I would have to leave her for college. I made sure not to have sex with her or make the relationship serious for this exact reason. I didn't want to break her heart. She thought I wasn't important to her for these reasons, which is another reason why she broke up w/ me. Anyways, I tried to handle it maturely and remain on good terms, but she completely blew me off. In fact, in less than a week after she broke up w/ me, she got a new bf. She deleted all evidence about us like I never existed, and now is shelling out her new bf to the max. She would never change her bios to say we were together or tweet sweet nothings when we were together beforehand. But after only after dating the freshman guy for less than a week, she has done more than anything she did 5 months with me. I feel like she is trying to be immature about this and make me feel jealous, but it is actually making me feel betrayed. Her and the guy were probably talking before the break-up (he already "loves" her, too. So I guess I'm late to the party.), since they share classes, and now I feel she is trying to stab me like I'm evil. I feel now that she is becoming baggage I don't want, and that I should unfollow her and maybe block her so I can move on w/ life. (Continued in update)
  • Don't unffollow or block her, it will make you look immature and like an @s$$hole. Just ignore it.
    Vote A
  • Unfollow her, or delete her contacts, but don't block because it's too harsh/soon.
    Vote B
  • Unfollow, block, delete, do everything to erase her from your life.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
She has several social networking sites, and I want to know how to go about this. Should I still follow but just ignore her, unfollow her and not communicate, or unfollow AND block her, delete contacts and erase her from my life? What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think maybe because of the age/grade difference is why she reacted the way she did. However it was a harsh way to do so, and it sounded like to me, that you were a good boyfriend. Maybe she was scared, because when you leave for college she would be alone. I'm also a sophomore, but if my boyfriend was a senior (Which he is not) and I was afraid he was leaving, I would talk to him about it, not dump him without explanation. So here is what I say. You should block her, and try to ignore her. As you said it wasn't a serious relationship, but I get why you felt hurt, because I would too if the roles were reversed. If you feel like you guys could start over and just be friends, then go for it, but if you do, let her know that she can't hurt you anymore. I hope this helps, because I'm running out of characters. So try that and make a follow up soon. Again hope this helps!! :D

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Block her. It's the best way to have a clean cut in the relationship and it will make things easier for you. She's obviously just showing off the new guy to make you mad/jealous.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you should do what you feel you need to do, if she's being a bitch then just blocker her, but people are all different, so just do what you think is right...

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it would be a good idea to block her.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• C)
    I think you are very right in your thoughts about her and we all know girls like that always want to make them look/feel superior to others and thus she is doing all this (immature people have the same view towards life as she has, to be flashy and all that (especially high schoolers) )
    you need not change for some-one (specially some-one like this), be yourself and be ready for looking for some college girls who will take you for what you are and have a healthy relationship and thats all..

1|1
    0|0
  • Cut her out completely, you don't need her in your life anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • If it bothers you then unfollow her and maybe consider your own feelings on the matter over what your ex (who is already moving on) will think of it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes