Should I cut ties with my ex? As in, unfollow and/or block? She broke up with me two weeks ago and is trying to rub a new boyfriend in my face?

So my gf called me 2 Fridays ago and broke up w/ me. I had no idea it was coming and thought things were fine. The main reason for the split: I wasn't the best boyfriend (I wasn't some knight in shining armor, I was a real person who had flaws). I'm not some cheating, abusive, sex addicted d-bag like 70% of other high school guys, but she definitely made me out to be that. I tried my best to make her happy and treated her decently, but I did have slip-ups. The main problem was that she wouldn't communicate to me about anything I did wrong. The relationship wasn't supposed to be too serious anyways, there were no "I love you"s, because we weren't in love. And I am almost 18 and a senior, while she is 15 and a sophomore so I would have to leave her for college. I made sure not to have sex with her or make the relationship serious for this exact reason. I didn't want to break her heart. She thought I wasn't important to her for these reasons, which is another reason why she broke up w/ me. Anyways, I tried to handle it maturely and remain on good terms, but she completely blew me off. In fact, in less than a week after she broke up w/ me, she got a new bf. She deleted all evidence about us like I never existed, and now is shelling out her new bf to the max. She would never change her bios to say we were together or tweet sweet nothings when we were together beforehand. But after only after dating the freshman guy for less than a week, she has done more than anything she did 5 months with me. I feel like she is trying to be immature about this and make me feel jealous, but it is actually making me feel betrayed. Her and the guy were probably talking before the break-up (he already "loves" her, too. So I guess I'm late to the party.), since they share classes, and now I feel she is trying to stab me like I'm evil. I feel now that she is becoming baggage I don't want, and that I should unfollow her and maybe block her so I can move on w/ life. (Continued in update)
  • Don't unffollow or block her, it will make you look immature and like an @s$$hole. Just ignore it.
  • Unfollow her, or delete her contacts, but don't block because it's too harsh/soon.
  • Unfollow, block, delete, do everything to erase her from your life.
    Vote C
She has several social networking sites, and I want to know how to go about this. Should I still follow but just ignore her, unfollow her and not communicate, or unfollow AND block her, delete contacts and erase her from my life? What should I do?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I think maybe because of the age/grade difference is why she reacted the way she did. However it was a harsh way to do so, and it sounded like to me, that you were a good boyfriend. Maybe she was scared, because when you leave for college she would be alone. I'm also a sophomore, but if my boyfriend was a senior (Which he is not) and I was afraid he was leaving, I would talk to him about it, not dump him without explanation. So here is what I say. You should block her, and try to ignore her. As you said it wasn't a serious relationship, but I get why you felt hurt, because I would too if the roles were reversed. If you feel like you guys could start over and just be friends, then go for it, but if you do, let her know that she can't hurt you anymore. I hope this helps, because I'm running out of characters. So try that and make a follow up soon. Again hope this helps!! :D