Me and gf broke up for 3 months she slept with 2 guys in between, but thinks our anniversary should still count, i disagree?

Ok so me and my girlfriend had been together for a year and a month when she broke up with me, we had been having a lot of petty arguments and issues so she ended it. We barely spoke for 2 months, pretty much no contact. During which she slept with 2 guys, she slept with one guy who she was sleeping with before our relationship. She then slept with her flatmate, she just moved into new university halls and got drunk and had sex with her flatmate.

Anyway so we didn't speak for 2 months, but over the last month we became friends again and started to talk, she told me she slept with 2 guys. She asked if i had and i said no, the only incident with me was when i was drunk i danced with this girl 2 months after the break up and we kissed, she wanted sex but i wasn't that comfortable and also kissing another girl felt kind of weird aswell. Anyway that didn't materialise into anything so i never went on dates with her or with anyone for that fact. Anyway we recently agreed to give our relationship another go a couple days ago. She referred to us as being together for 1 year and 4 months, basically including the break. I was just like if someone asked me i would say we have been together for a couple days, she got a bit offended like how can i discount a whole year of us being together, so i said maybe i would be like 1 year and 4 months on and off. She seemed to get pretty annoyed saying it's stupid to count our 3 months break up and how it's been 1 year and 4 months

Basically, i don't agree, i mean i don't feel like i have been with her for 1 year and 4 months because logically i haven't. When it hits 2 years since the day i asked her out i can't celebrate that like it's been 2 years because to me it hasn't, 2 years means 2 years of commitment and love and we broke up i mean not even in a jokey 1 week thing. We broke up COMPLETELY like she slept with 2 guys and i kissed a girl so that's not commitment. I would celebrate probably a year since we got back...
together as our first anniversary, what do you guys think? When we celebrated 1 year it was beautiful and symbolic of our love and undivided commitment to eachother, how can we do that for 2 years if she slept with 2 guys and i kissed a girl
Maybe if we both didn't see anyone else during the break up i'd consider celebrating 2 year's, what do you think?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• If she wouldn't have slept with other guys after your break up, it might have meant something. Since she did, I don't think it does.

• Good girls dont sleep around. I personally dont think kissing it that big of a deal, its a show of affection, but having sex is on a different level, dont you think?