Me and gf broke up for 3 months she slept with 2 guys in between, but thinks our anniversary should still count, i disagree?

Ok so me and my girlfriend had been together for a year and a month when she broke up with me, we had been having a lot of petty arguments and issues so she ended it. We barely spoke for 2 months, pretty much no contact. During which she slept with 2 guys, she slept with one guy who she was sleeping with before our relationship. She then slept with her flatmate, she just moved into new university halls and got drunk and had sex with her flatmate.

Anyway so we didn't speak for 2 months, but over the last month we became friends again and started to talk, she told me she slept with 2 guys. She asked if i had and i said no, the only incident with me was when i was drunk i danced with this girl 2 months after the break up and we kissed, she wanted sex but i wasn't that comfortable and also kissing another girl felt kind of weird aswell. Anyway that didn't materialise into anything so i never went on dates with her or with anyone for that fact. Anyway we recently agreed to give our relationship another go a couple days ago. She referred to us as being together for 1 year and 4 months, basically including the break. I was just like if someone asked me i would say we have been together for a couple days, she got a bit offended like how can i discount a whole year of us being together, so i said maybe i would be like 1 year and 4 months on and off. She seemed to get pretty annoyed saying it's stupid to count our 3 months break up and how it's been 1 year and 4 months

Basically, i don't agree, i mean i don't feel like i have been with her for 1 year and 4 months because logically i haven't. When it hits 2 years since the day i asked her out i can't celebrate that like it's been 2 years because to me it hasn't, 2 years means 2 years of commitment and love and we broke up i mean not even in a jokey 1 week thing. We broke up COMPLETELY like she slept with 2 guys and i kissed a girl so that's not commitment. I would celebrate probably a year since we got back...
Updates:
together as our first anniversary, what do you guys think? When we celebrated 1 year it was beautiful and symbolic of our love and undivided commitment to eachother, how can we do that for 2 years if she slept with 2 guys and i kissed a girl
Maybe if we both didn't see anyone else during the break up i'd consider celebrating 2 year's, what do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If she wouldn't have slept with other guys after your break up, it might have meant something. Since she did, I don't think it does.

1|2
    0|0
    • Good girls dont sleep around. I personally dont think kissing it that big of a deal, its a show of affection, but having sex is on a different level, dont you think?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know if I'm wrong or not to say this, but I would count the time you were together before, or just be like we were dating for a year then just got back together. Yeah, you guys are starting over, but it's not like that year didn't happen so I wouldn't necessarily celebrate the INITIAL anniversary but I would say that you have been dating for longer than a few days. Just my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • She got pissy, when you decided not to include the 2 months you were apart while she fucked 2 other guys?

Yeah... I'd seriously reconsider dating this girl. She sounds nuts, if she doesn't understand your side. As you mentioned, you always kept getting into petty arguments. This is a petty argument. She will keep eating at you for this and then find more reasons to pester and start drama.

If I were you, I'd drop her in a heartbeat. She didn't seem bothered much by the breakup, if she spread her legs so quickly.

0|1
    0|1
  • No you guys are starting over.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be really careful with this girl. It sounds like she's pretty rambunctious and is offering youuuu a chance, not your relationship together a chance. It's like she's making time for you because she went off and had her fun. Girls like these get really possessive when they hear so much as an ex kissing another girl. No they don't want to get back with you, they just want power over you. I know this from experience. If I wasn't with my current boyfriend then, I would have got back with that ex, toyed with him more, then leave again when I get bored.

Girls are very mean sometimes... but I can be wrong about this girl too I don't know

As for the year and 4 months thing. How old are you guys? That's ridiculous. As someone mentioned before, it's not like that whole year didn't happen. I would just count and celebrate years though.

If you want to even be with this girl. You sound like you have it more together than she does right now and you seem to be more mature and wanting something more long term. Any girl from what I read would be lucky to have a guy like you. Loyal.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Hell no. Tell her you'll count it as your anniversary but you have to have a threesome with two hotties, then you'll go celebrate the anniversary with her.

1|0
    0|0
  • She's stupid, you should not be with her.

1|2
    0|0
  • I think you need to be dating someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I'd take an anniversary trip to get an STD test.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes