Why do people cheat? It's so pathetic?

If you truly love someone you wouldn't cheat. You just love the idea of them or how they treat you. It's so fucking pathetic

Cheaters always say they love the partner. Yeah right...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're pathetic. They don't have the guts to make up their minds and end the relationship, admit that they're not happy with their partners, and would just cheat instead.

But you know who's even more pathetic? The other woman/the other man. One GAG user said used to be the other woman, even though she knew he was married. She said she did it because she was bored and was looking for a thrill. I lost all kinds of respect for her.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree. People shouldn't be in a relationship if they're bored. It's all about being lonely. People are pathetic with their egos

• Thanks for MH! =)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Usually if someone cheats it's justifiable in there head, so usually cheaters are the ones with bad moral foundation. This is why I always advise people to make sure a person has morals aligned with your own before you start becoming serious, it's the only reliable way to know if someone is right for you.

Other than that they may have weak self-control, if that's the case they need to work on it a lot or at least get help.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some people cheat because of the rush they get when they do something they know they shouldn't. Some people have a distorted view of loyalty. Some people just don't care. If you truly love someone, then you have honest, strong feelings for them. It doesn't mean you will be monogamous with them.

0|0
    1|0
  • True love does not make people immune to cheating.

It would be nice if it did. People just want to think that because they think it makes them immune.

Why do people cheat? Some combination of either:
    -low willpower
    -opportunity
    -problems in relationship increase temptation

OR

- opportunity
    - major problems in home relationship
    - barriers to leaving relationship

OR

- opportunity
    - want benefits of monogamy plus variety of partner, unable or unwilling to seek open relationship

0|0
    1|0
  • Everybody cheats in life and even when they don't, they push the limits! men go to strip clubs, women to male gynecologists... our basic instincts as creatures is to reproduce as much as possible and thus not be monogamous.

1|0
    3|0
    • WHAT? did you just compare going to a strip club with seeing a medical doctor?

• Show All
    • that is just straight up disgusting bunnychick. and because a few people you know are gross, all women who have male doctors deserve to be labeled sluts? fuck that noise. i'm out.

• I wasn't making assumptions about you, quite the opposite - I was saying that if you were to have chosen a man, I wouldn't be judging you! Do I think male gynos should be put out of business? Look, just because some women enjoy the experience and, possibly (probably) the enjoyment is reciprocated by lot of the male gynos I'm not saying women shouldn't go or they somehow should be forbidden from enjoying it... I'm just saying lets call a duck a duck and call it for what it is!

• Because they are selfish, disgusting, low life, sleazy individuals.
    It is a disgusting thing to do to someone. and once a cheater always a cheater so you can never trust them again with anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea, people cheat because they love someone else more than their current partner. Thats the reason why, you should wait patiently and give a relationship some time before getting deep into it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Then why stay with your fucking partner?

• Show All
    • *Pats your head* yea, yea... i understand... you should be honest from the start... yea...

• Goddamit!! Im so tired!!! i dont wanna discuss about this anymore.. *Smacks the door*

• girls and guys cheat... because they think it's something they can get away with

0|1
    0|0
  • if your referring to guys who cheat, than, if guys had the same attention/power girls have and the desperation guys have than guys won't cheat

0|0
    3|0
  • Monogamy isn't for everyone, and not everyone equates loving someone with never ever being able to love someone else as well.

0|0
    1|0
  • Lotsa reasons, sometimes apathy, sometimes boredom, sometimes mental instability. Some people cheat because it's simply different and breaks them out of the monotony of daily life - if you're married with kids you have to have structure, and some people need a break from that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people just can't say no to sexual advances or opportunities presented to them.

0|0
    1|0
    • haha would this be a comfort to you if you ever get cheated on and she says "i couldn't help it". i wouldn't wish being cheated on on anyone, but that is a very depressing view of humanity. people can help themselves. and if they can't, the usually end up in jail. if you truly have no control over yourself, you probably aren't a healthy member of society.

• I wasn't advocating or promoting cheating in any capacity, I was just trying to explain why some do things.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes they always do say I love u. Do they mean it. Possibly. Normally mates carry on an affair when something is missing from their current situation. It does NOT by any means excuse the fact that they are cheating. It's sheer laziness, carelessness, or boredom. If they put the energy into their significant other that their putting into seeking out another then they wouldn't have to look elsewhere for that comfort. Usually there are signs of distance loooong before physical intimacy. It's usually emotional or mental/intellectual cheating. The offended party usually tends to overlook these signs in hopes of things panning out, and that is where the cheater takes drastic measures to have sex and hope their needs are fulfilled and usually only find that it makes an even bigger hole. To look at it scientifically, humans are not genetically coded to be monogamous, we're social creatures and need the companionship of many to make us happy. Then it becomes a psychological issue, the reason they feel like their needs aren't being met, ie usually abandonment from someone that was close to them (mom, dad, another partner that left them without just cause). But I go back to "it does not excuse the fact". ONLY when they have that issue sorted out, will they be able to have a healthy and striving relationship. One of the things I see repeating in a cheating relationship is that the cheater always needs someone to return to. A solid foundation. Normally their S. O. Until the innocent party puts their foot down and really means what they say and take (and stick to) their course of action (usually the threat of ending the relationship) then the cheater will continue to, well, cheat. I find cheating as an easy way out for the person. If they put half of the energy they put into courting another mate into their current situation and try to fix it, then they shouldn't have to cheat in the first place. I've never physically cheated, but I've carried on emotional affairs.

0|0
    1|0
  • I guess some are not that in love... sometimes it might be in a moment of weakness, of boredom. I'm totally against cheating, I wouldn't want my boyfriend to do that to me nor I do that to him. I think relationships are really really complicated and that everything isn't just black or white.

0|1
    0|0
    • I totally agfree and there are different types of cheating, a kiss when drunk is different to having a man on the side.

• cheaters are the worst. non-repentant cheaters are even worse. people who say "i couldn't help it" or try to blame their partner deserve to be alone forever.

0|1
    0|0
  • They have bad communication skills and no empathy. Instead of talking to their partner about being dissatisfied, they go out and cheat to make a point. It's incredibly childish.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cheaters cheat for no solid reason. They can give you all sorts of reasons why they do so. "My partner does not satisfy me", "The other girl tempted me", "I was drunk", "I loved the other woman. Who can say no to love?", "I have to stay just for the kids. I'm a good father" and other pathetic reasons.

There's no reason why. Cheaters cheat because they want to and because they can. The only thing that matters to them is hiding it because they want the loving partner who waits at home with lovely meals and healthy cared for kids and they also want the other woman who adds some adventure and excitement to their lives. Same goes for women. I just gave an example of a cheating man.

There's no excuse whatsoever to cheating. If you are bored in your relationship or if you stopped loving your partner or if you think you've reached a dead end, then you better leave. BUT they'd never do so because they want it all.

It's just a built-in feature in them, named a "cheater".

1|1
    0|1
    • There are some cheaters that do it right out in the open and do not care about getting caught bc it's the excitement that arouses them. They do "want it all". I don't think it excuses them but once u know ur mate is cheating then it's up to u on how u want to stop it. There are sooo many signs of drifting before the actual physical part comes. It's up to the cheated to see those signs and bring it to light before it happens. If they want to go on thinking things are rainbows and sunshine then that's on their head. If the cheating comes right at the beginning of a relationship then one should take a step back and evaluate if that's something they want to deal with. A relationship, a committed one, takes work-on both ends. A person should never cheat if something is wrong they should go to their S. O. and try to make them understand what is wrong. And the potential cheated should pick up on the signs of distance. The fact is there's never an "innocent" party when cheating is involved.

• True, some cheaters don't care if their partner knows about it. Very selfish. No excuse for that.

• yes there is an innocent party. the person who didn't cheat. if the cheater has issues, they should bring it up to their partner or end the relationship, saying the cheated partner should have known, or should have picked up on the signs is bullshit. adults say how the feel. they don't sneak around, betray people, and then say "you should have picked up on it, you're guilty too" what a pathetic cop out.

• I think people cheat when things aren't going great at home. Obviously there are other reasons but that has to be the biggest reason. Now, gender is said to play a part in this but that's a whole 'nother story.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one ever believes that they will actually get caught.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes