Could this be my ex boyfriend coping with the break up?

My ex boyfriend basically broke up with me due to his crazy schedule. He works from 4:00am-2:30pm and has an emt class from 6:00-10:00pm and some days from 4:00pm-10:00pm.

EMT class is no joke. It's his third time taking it and it's his last chance to take it at the best school in the state.

He hasn't passed it before because it was basically him and his mom living together since his dad walked out on them. (The dad came back last year but did not make an effort to look for a job) So from September- December (his second chance,) he was juggling work, school, his girlfriend, and overtime.

There would be many times where we would be watching a movie and he would literally knock out right there. And I would get very annoyed thinking that he just wasn't interested in paying attention of me. (I'm a really nice girl by the way lol)

His mom said that he's still in love with me but he literally has no time for a girlfriend. All he does is sleep and study. He had told her 'I really dont wanna hurt her. But I can't put myself in a situation where my girlfriend is giving me all of this affection and I can't do the same for her. It wouldn't be fair. I don't want to constantly have that worry that my girlfriend is mad at me cause I can't see her or even call her because of work or because I have to study or because im too tired.

On top of everything they're about to be evicted.

We went out for a whole year and he rarely saw his friends because they were all too busy. But his mom told me yesterday that there have been 2 times after the break up that he's gone off with them and he's come back right at 2:30am. He just changes and gets ready for work. What do you guys think?

he's not the kind that sleeps around or anything either. He would talk about me to everyone, he even told his mom in November that he couldn't see himself without me! Everyone can see that he's a really nice, smart guy. He literally gets along with everyone.
He just simply cannot be in a relationship. And sure, he's gone out with his friends recently but people have told me that it was a smart move for him to break up with me cause a relationship is a lot of work and there may have been constant arguing
.. Constant arguing between us two because he would've been so focused on his class and all :/

11