Do you still have a spark with an ex? Do you believe it ever goes away?

Have you ever had an ex where no matter what you do, or what has happened, or how much time has passed, or how many have come and gone in between, the spark doesn't die? Like, you have to actively remind yourself why the relationship failed or why they aren't good for you after interacting with them?

I mean the exes you are 'over' so to speak, and don't actively 'want back'...

I have two exes that I have to go out of my way to remind myself why I can't allow myself to like them again, even after brief encounters in clubs or the supermarket, and no matter how long between run ins - no matter how long since we dated or who I've dated since. I just can't shake the feeling of feeling connected to them when we speak.

Both of these REALLY hurt me too. The two worst breakups of my 5 or so serious relationships...

Then there's some other of my exes who I wouldn't feel a thing if they started a conversation with me. I feel very indifferent to them.

Does this happen to anyone else? do you believe a spark will stay in every broken relationship, or that if you are over them, it always goes away? Or do you feel indifferent to all your exes?

TELL ME THINGS PEOPLE :)
  • Spark. Every Ex.
  • Not every ex, but spark with the special ones.
  • I feel indifferent to all of my exes.
    Vote C
  • Uhhwhat. My exes all make me want to hurl
    Vote D

52

Most Helpful Guy

• That chemistry is extremely powerful. I don't know how to turn it off. I have a couple of exes that I would get back with in a minute. There are lots of great reasons why not, starting with the fact that I'm married, but if one of them called me to get together, I'm pretty confident I wouldn't be able to resist.

• Its a strange thought. When its there... its an incredibly powerful thing. I think it weirds me out cause I don't actively think about the regularly... but as soon as there's contact, I have to actively remind myself not to jump into bed with them or get too close