Is what I did considered to be cheating?

So a while ago I went out with some friends. Me and my boyfriend are currently in a long distance relationship, so we don't get to see each other very often. So I went to a club with two couples, and one of the guys decided to bring his guy friend with him (which I didn't know about). We were both sort of the ones left out, so we started talking. I got very, very drunk, and ended up doing some heavy grinding and dirty dancing with this guy. My boyfriend texted me while I was out, and I lied and told him that I was going to go dance with my girl friend, and I would call him when I got home. That's when this guy found out I had a boyfriend, but he didn't seem to care.

I told him no kissing, and although he tried several times, I always pulled away. But there was still some inappropriate touching, and once I started to sober up the guilt really set in. I got away from this guy and went in the bathroom to call my boyfriend. I didn't tell him about what happened, but I feel so extremely guilty now. Is what I did considered cheating? Should I tell my boyfriend about it? Thanks in advance!
Also, me and my boyfriend had been fighting a lot, and I had my strong suspicions that he was cheating on me. So I was only using this guy to get back at him, but now I feel guilty about it all.

53

Most Helpful Guy

• yay for alcohol and poor judgement! helping guys get boners since always.

you should tell him if you want to undermine your relationship, because you are only telling him to offload your guilt. in the greater scheme of things, what you did isn't that bad. but rather than ruin your relationship now, use your guilt to be a better human being.