How to deal with a guy who has been cheated on?

I've been seeing this guy for a few months. I know that he likes me and I really like him too but he's been withdrawn or not completely available emotionally. He had just gotten out of a very serious relationship about 6 months before we met where he was engaged and he was cheated on and dumped. I feel bad for the situation but felt that things had become one sided. I told him that I was unhappy and wanted to take a break. He is now trying to act like everything is fine and hasn't really acknowledged what I've said. I'm not sure why he would do that or how to handle the situation from here...

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Follow your gut. If he was engaged to this girl, that means at some point in his life, he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. She ruined everything through cheating, consequently wounding him in the process. Unfortunately, your guy is still emotionally unavailable. It sometimes take people a while to get over such situations since its something that betrayed trust, love etc.

You're smart to take a break. Some people try to move on and suppress feelings thinking they can just get another girl, and life will be fine. I dont think this is the case. I think he is trying to move on, but he is hurt... STILL. And I believe that us evident if he is not completely present in EVERY way in your relationship.

If I were you, I would put an end to things for good. It sounds like he needs more time to himself to heal. Good luck.