Boyfriend broke up with me literally out of nowhere... Any insight?

Sorry if this gets kind of long. My boyfriend and I were together for almost 7 months, we bicker like any normal couple but I really love him and he always told me the same. Recently, my grandfather passed away so my bestfriend flew from Colorado to Sacramento to come visit me. While she was here everything was perfect with my boyfriend and he even texted me while me and my friend were at the beach saying "I love you so much, I just want you to know that at the center of all this craziness I love and care about you dearly. You are my favorite person in the world and have been for a while now". The next day my friend went home, my boyfriend brought me lunch at school and bought me a starter pack for the game Magic the gathering (he loves it and wanted to teach me). After school I go home, we have sex (we hadn't in a few days since my friend was visiting) take a nap together and he's still telling me how much he loves me. Then I ask him to run to the store with me. When we get back from the store he walks me to my apartment and all of a sudden says "I don't want to do this anymore, I'm sorry, hope we can still be friends" and I haven't talked to him for 3 days. I just dont understand where that came from?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in a similar situation but on the other end. I felt a relationship going downhill and after trying to save it to no avail, i broke up with her. She yelled at me and was super confused and mad because she didn't expect it while I--and our friends--had seen it coming. He may have been trying to save the relationship thus the love texts and the Magic cards, but finally gave up. I don't want to say it's your fault, but you could have been doing something that bothered him and you had no idea, like in my case. Ask him. He's probably missing you.