Boyfriend broke up with me literally out of nowhere... Any insight?

Sorry if this gets kind of long. My boyfriend and I were together for almost 7 months, we bicker like any normal couple but I really love him and he always told me the same. Recently, my grandfather passed away so my bestfriend flew from Colorado to Sacramento to come visit me. While she was here everything was perfect with my boyfriend and he even texted me while me and my friend were at the beach saying "I love you so much, I just want you to know that at the center of all this craziness I love and care about you dearly. You are my favorite person in the world and have been for a while now". The next day my friend went home, my boyfriend brought me lunch at school and bought me a starter pack for the game Magic the gathering (he loves it and wanted to teach me). After school I go home, we have sex (we hadn't in a few days since my friend was visiting) take a nap together and he's still telling me how much he loves me. Then I ask him to run to the store with me. When we get back from the store he walks me to my apartment and all of a sudden says "I don't want to do this anymore, I'm sorry, hope we can still be friends" and I haven't talked to him for 3 days. I just dont understand where that came from?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in a similar situation but on the other end. I felt a relationship going downhill and after trying to save it to no avail, i broke up with her. She yelled at me and was super confused and mad because she didn't expect it while I--and our friends--had seen it coming. He may have been trying to save the relationship thus the love texts and the Magic cards, but finally gave up. I don't want to say it's your fault, but you could have been doing something that bothered him and you had no idea, like in my case. Ask him. He's probably missing you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• That is certainly out of nowhere. There has to be more to this story or there's some underlying issues that he may be going through. Unfortunately, none of us are going to know why he broke up with you out of nowhere. We can just speculate. See if you can get in touch with him and see if he'll open up as to why he did that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not out of nowhere. It may seem like it to you but from his point of view there is something wrong and probably has been for awhile now.

That being said just abruptly ending it like that is a pit if a cowards move. He should have at least brought his concerns up with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he fell out of love with you a while ago, and he was overcompensating recently trying to force himself back into it because he may still care for you on some level. When he realized it wasn't working, he just came out with it.
    That's just my speculation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be cheating

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Just keep cool and ask him, I know you must be really upset right now, but just ask him about the reason, it's not your fault. Everyone is going through some tough situations in their life, sometimes things are just beyond your control. Ask him and then decide what to do next:)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's most likely he'd met someone else and fallen for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Awh im so so sorry ): maybe the sex wasn't good anymore!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes