My boyfriend broke up with me. Any advice?

He’s depressed and needs to figure out his life. He’s 29 and he said all of this just hit him now thinking about life and where he wants to be an do. He said we’re still going to remain friends and if I ever have a problem, I can talk to him. It was really very upsetting to me the past few days but after i got to talk to him about me and him, I felt better. I also felt a lot better talking to my best friends.

We both have a wedding to go to for our friends at the end of April . So we’re just going to go as friends.

He said maybe in the future we’ll get back together, but he doesn’t want me to wait around for him. If i find someone else. That will be good. But we both will need to heal.

He still cares for me and I do too.

He was a good boyfriend. He taught a lot of things. I know at times that he put me down like calling me fat, ugly and stupid. I never let that get to me because I knew I was never any of those things. But he was just really insecure about himself.

Today he told me that I’m neither of those things. He said I’m not fat and that I’m very beautiful and smart.

So when he dropped me off at home, we both hugged and he kissed me on the head.

I know it’s going to take us both time to heal, but we’ll get through this.

So I don’t know if I should call him my ex. I know I’m not going to refer to him as my boyfriend anymore. So I’ll just call him my guy friend.

If anyone has any advice on break ups, let me know because this was both our first real long relationship. It lasted four years.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• If this guy really loves you he wouldn't leave you and wouldn't say things like that to you. Maybe he did love you but I think the way he treated you, like saying you were fat and ugly, is not right. Well don't wait for him to come back, I don't think he will comeback though. So when he broke up with you he didn't think of what you feel, he is kind of selfish because he only think about himself. I think you should just forget him. You guys are better to be just friends. You'll find the right guy for you in time.

• He's depressed. He doesn't know what he wants. Trust me, I've been in his position before. I really think he needs to talk to a therapist. He did think of how I felt and he felt bad for me.

• I'm going to try. I gotta find a good one first. Do you think he should talk to a man or woman about it?

• A man first.