What is the best way to forget my horrible ex?

I met this stunning girl 7 months ago and fell for her. She had 2 kids from her previous marriage (I have no attachments).

Basically we had an amazing 5 months until she told me (while drunk) that she can separate being in love and being comfortable and she just wants to be comfortable. She does not think I can give her a comfortable life.

I do have a good job with good salary at this moment (which can change any moment). I looked after her all the time (not paying her mortgage yet but she will expect it soon).

One day I found out that she has a crazy rage and temper which she has been hiding for 4 / 5 months (which I saw regularly since then). Then she started putting me down in the way that she destroyed my confidence and ability to focus on my work. No empathy from here. I am doing everything wrong but I did my very best.

We broke up 2 weeks and I should feel relieved and I did but I am missing her. She was horrible to me last month and basically if I stayed for longer she would have destroyed me.

I should be using these a a fuel to forget her. Now she started posting nice pretty photos of her on FB, flirting with her ex and others etc. I've been in relationships before but the last one was for 8 years so maybe I forgot how to get over an ex quickly.

I am using my brother's account here. I am 37, in a great shape but my age maybe that is the reason I was feeling nervous (feeling old etc) . My ex was 31.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Old at 37? I must be ancient at 39 - NOT! You were about to start paying her mortgage? Two kids? You have no baggage? And you're still pining for her? Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you insane?

I think you need to stop dating all together, go to the gym, focus on your career, enjoy a hobby or sport, hang out with good friends, etc. until you can fully learn to appreciate and LOVE YOURSELF.

I thought these kind of things only happened to women. LOL. This girl is an example of how really horrible women change good guys. Work on yourself. Forget the girl. Once you learn to live you life in confidence, trust me the perfect girl will show up. You are special, believe that. And never beg for someone's time when they don't even deserve yours.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you. Great advice and I will follow it! :)