I want my ex boyfriend back, but he continues to not know what he wants, is it best to completely pull away?

My ex boyfriend and I have been broken up for over 5 months now, during the course we have always been in contact and would see each other every week. We were together for 3 years and when I lied to him, he broke it off. Its difficult for the both of us to fully let go since he continues to initiate contact with me daily, but says he doesn't know what he wants right now and that he forgives me. He believes that if our love is stronge enough that well find each other later, but as for now. the more we talk like nothings happen, the more it hurts me to know im not what he wants right now, I can't help, but to feel as if he's ashamed of us as well. How can I handle this so that im not being strung along and we work this out?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should completely pull away and almost disappear. The two of you need space from each other. You giving him space should not be for the sole purpose of him choosing to be with you again. Not contacting or communicating with him is more so the both of you can improve yourself and figure out what you want and don't want. With that said, in my opinion, do not fully expect him to come running back to you. You can hope of course, but there is a possibility that that isn't what he wants. So be prepared to move on if you have to. But for right now, stop communicating with him. Both of you need time to sort things out.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for MH. Give updates...

• Thank you all so much for your encouraging words. We were recently in discussion and as much as he admits he doesn't want to hurt me and is aware of the situation. he tends to get easily upset when i dont answer his texts/calls ;/

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 3

• Totally agree with Arwens-Fire - You need to completely cut it off and pull away. The more you focus on moving on, the less it will hurt and gradually, this whole process will become so much easier for you. You need to know your place, you're worth much more than this and you shouldn't let yourself be strung along like a puppet. You've got a lot of value and you need to realize where to draw the line. Best advice would be to cut off your end of the rope. ANd honestly, (talking from experience) If he's meant for you, he's going to come back one way or the other.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you all so much for your encouraging words. We were recently in discussion and as much as he admits he doesn't want to hurt me and is aware of the situation. he tends to get easily upset when i dont answer his texts/calls ;/

• Yes it's best to pull away for your and his sake.

0|0
    0|0
  • You "broke up" but you're still contacting each other as if you're not. So, basically, what everyone else said. Focus on moving on and stop contacting each other. That's the only way to give each of you space to figure out what to do next.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes