After divorce, where did you find another love?

I'm actually not ready to date yet, been divorced for over a year now but separated almost 2.
I haven't met anyone yet, even though I'm not ready. Not interested in online dating though. I really am curious just to hear where your life brought you when you dated after divorce. Share your experience, thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't start my on-line profile on the free sites until the month of my divorce. I am now getting married in November 2014, a day after our anniversary. We conversed via text for 99% of our conversations before actually meeting about a month later in person. The next morning she called and said she'd like to be exclusive and I was delighted!

The on-line dating was nice to come home to, as there was no need to dress up in order to communicate with new people. plentyoffish was where I ultimately met the lovely lady in my life and okcupid was a bit different in its presentation; quicky would be a good summation of that site.

The other women I did speak with via the site or on the phone did not turn into dates as it just didn't feel right. I did go on 2 dates each with 2 different women, but there just wasn't chemistry with one, while the other didn't want to settle down. None of these women had ever been in a relationship over a year and I was looking for something long-term.

My friend did try to setup me up with another woman, but she and I both agreed that we weren't a good match. This was before on-line dating became a truly attractive and less stressful option for me.

It was just about the law of attraction for me. Defining to myself, in writing, what I truly wanted from the next love of my life, wishing for her and imagining her and now she's here... currently talking with her best friend, who my fiancee was talking to right before she first talked with me those 2 and a half years ago.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• No matter who you find, or what you do, ditch the idea that "I can always divorce him and find someone better. Find someone I deserve." Statistics prove that that mentality will eventually creep into *any* relationship you get into. Sometimes it's best to see the good in the person you are currently with. There's something to be said about it.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't feel that way and you have no idea why I got a divorce.

• You're right, I don't. But based on what I have personally seen, there's very few legitimate reasons to get a divorce. It also does not negate anything I said.

• i've never divorced because i've never been in a relationship BUT... maybe u should go back to your first love. I heard that many divorcees would like to remarry their first partners.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's just a fallacy. "First loves" may seem like the golden love, but it's because you were a na├»ve little person with no previous heartbreaks or disillusions. I would never go back to my first relationship. Ugh

• Best place to meet someone other than bars and dating sites is outdoor flea markets

0|0
    0|0
  • Where'd you meet your first partner?

1|0
    0|0
  • online is a good place to start

1|0
    0|0
  • I married my high school crush because we felt like we would end up together anyway. Well she changed her mind.

In my experience as a divorced guy at 24 it is nearly impossible to meet women to be in a relationship with once they learn about my divorce at my age.

I meet girls usually via friends or acquaintances.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I was separated 2 years ago. I have 2 young teens. Mylife is dedicated to them at this time. My love life consists of FWBs and casual affairs by choice.
    There is much to be done before a relationship. You got to put yourself ahead of all else for while. Don't be so quick to find a man. Play the field and smell the roses. You have been free for a while. There is plenty of time for romance

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes