After divorce, where did you find another love?

I'm actually not ready to date yet, been divorced for over a year now but separated almost 2.
I haven't met anyone yet, even though I'm not ready. Not interested in online dating though. I really am curious just to hear where your life brought you when you dated after divorce. Share your experience, thanks!

17

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't start my on-line profile on the free sites until the month of my divorce. I am now getting married in November 2014, a day after our anniversary. We conversed via text for 99% of our conversations before actually meeting about a month later in person. The next morning she called and said she'd like to be exclusive and I was delighted!

The on-line dating was nice to come home to, as there was no need to dress up in order to communicate with new people. plentyoffish was where I ultimately met the lovely lady in my life and okcupid was a bit different in its presentation; quicky would be a good summation of that site.

The other women I did speak with via the site or on the phone did not turn into dates as it just didn't feel right. I did go on 2 dates each with 2 different women, but there just wasn't chemistry with one, while the other didn't want to settle down. None of these women had ever been in a relationship over a year and I was looking for something long-term.

My friend did try to setup me up with another woman, but she and I both agreed that we weren't a good match. This was before on-line dating became a truly attractive and less stressful option for me.

It was just about the law of attraction for me. Defining to myself, in writing, what I truly wanted from the next love of my life, wishing for her and imagining her and now she's here... currently talking with her best friend, who my fiancee was talking to right before she first talked with me those 2 and a half years ago.