Should I trust his words? Have you experienced something similar?

A few weeks after he told me he liked me, he said that when we first met he was seeing a girl and he was still seeing her because she was in a difficult situation and he couldn't tell her about it. He told me that he had feelings for both and as time passed his feelings for her changed to care and his feelings for me grew stronger. (What he told me)

I felt like he's betrayed my trust and was playing with me because he didn't tell me something this important. It's still strange for me how he fell for two people at the same time. What do you think I should do? Should I trust his words when he says he loves me and he thinks our personalities match better?
I feel like if he'd told me earlier none of this would have happened.

10