Is there an ex that you really regret?

That ex you look back at and go what was I thinking?

When I was younger, 16 or so, I dated this cheating sleeze bag for nearly 3 years, I was so naive and worshipped the ground he walked on...
I look back and think to myself...wow I was such a dick, however, the experience taught me self respect and made me stronger as a person, I eventually walked away.

I'm laughing now, I'm so happy with my life and he's just stuck in numerous dead end relationship. Thinking back to that time, makes me proper cringe.

Come on, spill the beans!

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• To be used and abused financially in the relationship is something that no other person go through. This girl that i use to date she would be asking for money every time should use all her money that i helped her with. which i think is asking for to much. So breaking up with her was the best decision that i ever made. Through the relationship it has made me a whole new person. Loving life as of now...

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow. I just went though a break up as my ex was asking me to pay her rent (I stayed with her 3/4 nights a week as she could not go out due to kid from her past). I paid for everything (food, going out etc). The moment I didn't spend too much money I became Mr. useless at everything from sex to being a good boyfriend.

This nearly killed my confidence. I am working on it and will date again but wow. She could have totally destroyed me!!!

• sorry I meant I became Mr. useless from a good boyfriend. We were together for 6 months.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• The person I started dating when I was 17, I should have dumped her within months. It taught me bad things actually, to expect little and to ignore my own needs. Its not her fault, just hwo things happened. More how I'd been brought up and then she was like the worst person for me to end up with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I regret none nor will hopefully ever do :)

Every experience is good while it lasts and whether good or not it sure teaches us a few things at the minimum. So I don't see any reason to regret any of them :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Good God, yes. BitchMeredith I call her. EVERYONE hated her but me. All my friends, all my family...they met her, they HATED her. We dated during my last year of college and my dumb ass was|___| this close to proposing to her.

Fortunately (in hindsight) she cheated on me and dumped me.

But I got my final revenge...a few months later, I got a call from one of her sorority sisters...inviting me to their spring formal.

I didn't want to go, and see the ex macking on some guy. That's when the sorority sister informed me that they more or less disinvited my ex so that I would go as this girl's date.

I go to the formal, all the sorority sisters are fawning over me, telling me how good it was I was broken up with her, and that she was a real bitch.

The cap of the night was a grudge fuck from my date (she REALLY hated my ex).

0|0
    0|0
  • an EX is an EX for a reason. You regret many things, you move past it and make new memories with someone else

0|0
    0|0
    • That wasn't my question now, was it?

• Im just saying and making a point. We go to ex's because the 1st or 2nd one didn't live up to par. Maybe the 1st one played with your mind, or 2nd used you. We all have regrets. We just just them as past experiences to make us better

• No never. It was a wonderful experience, I will always cherrish the memories.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• He wasn't officially a boyfriend so I can't really call him an ex lol but I sure as hell have regret!
    Why? because I let him slip right out of my fingers : (
    There's no doubt in my mind that it would have been one of the greatest romances of my life. That type of love story you tell your grandchildren to inspire them.

Lucky for me, I've never had an ex made me regret his existence. Probably because I'm too feisty to put up with anyone's sh*t long enough for it to be significant.

0|0
    0|0
  • oh countless ! they looked so fucking hot though. at least i have pics.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    I nicknamed him Barbie, he was so insecure and dramtic. He never trusted me.
    It was a win lose relationship, I gained and matured a lot from that situation.

He might of been the worst first boyfriend ever. I was young and naive.

Funny thing was, I ignored him for like two years. He always flirted, wanted to go out and ask for my number then one day after being totally annoyed about him I accepted, SADLY saying well, at least give him a try right? What's the worst that could happen? The absolute worst happened, Smh.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can honestly say I regret almost ALL of my exes, but I'd have to say I regret my very first ex more than any other.
    I genuinely don't wish ill on him (anymore, haha), but I do wish that I'd never met him at all. Destroyed me, that one.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes