Dumped me... yet says he "can only picture himself with me"?

I dated this guy in high school for 2.5 years, we broke up for ~3 years and then got back together for another 2.5 years. He broke up with me three months ago and we haven't really talked since. I was pretty upset and hurt by his decision to end things but at the same time knew it was for the best at this point in our lives. We are both 23, and have only really been in one serious relationship with each other... I don't think either of us were sure of committing to marriage just quite yet. It's not that I wasn't sure if I wanted to marry him, it was just that our lives were slowly going in different directions. Basically I accepted that if it was meant to be, we'd find a way to be together in the future.

Anyways, I recently ran into him at a party and he told me he still loved me and wanted to be with me in the future but couldn't explain why he broke up with me in the first place.

I do know that his friends are recently single, and that they have been going out multiple times every weekend. I've seen some of his friends out and it looks like they go to pick up any girl they can get to go home with them. Would it be a fair assumption he broke up with me to date other people and see what else is out there... and if there isn't anything good he'll fall back to me?

Can someone help me out on this one?

I'm obviously not going to sit around and wait for my ex to come back to me, I just want to know what you guys think his intentions are and why he would say what he said to me.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Many of today's toms are sporadic, unpredictable and noncommittal, and when cornered and scared, will grow cold webbed duck feet and waddle fast and furious back into the murky waters in which they came from. This one is no exception to my rule.
    He "can't explain why he broke up with you in the first place," because he is confused about the Big "C," which is: Commitment. He will continue to play head games and heart games, if given the chance, because his emotions are unstable when it comes to you, being single, and perhaps, yes----"dating other people to see what else is out there." He doesn't know what he wants, doesn't know if he even wants you, and with every time you try and get back together, or every word he makes you hang on to for dear life, it's just one more Way he continues to keep you in his life and in the lurches------for his convenience at all times. That's what his Intentions are.
    No, don't sit around and wait for this worthless loser, because it's a pattern he has, and it will only become worse. You can't trust what he may do, from day to day, nor can you trust his feelings of "here today, gone tomorrow." You deserve better than what you were getting. Move on, keep going, and don't look back.
    Good luck.xx