Is my ex a bit ridiculous, or is it me? Is it all in my head?

My ex and I broke up about 2 months ago because he asked me to move in with him twice only to bail on me leaving me with nowhere to go. Well, after about 3 weeks, he came back. I told him I just wanted to be friends for now. Well, since we started hanging out 3 weeks ago, he's bailed on me twice and/or altered plans. He won't even tell me if plans are changing so I end up just waiting on him. He won't do anything to make up for it. My question is, even as just friends, shouldn't he want to make more of an effort to hang out? I shouldn't have to chase down a friend to want to spend time with me. It should flow naturally. Friends make life tolerable, not worse.
He tried to flip it on me saying we're just friends now, and I can't devote all of my time to you. He never did anyway, but I wasn't asking for all of his time. I simply asked him TWO days ago if he'd like to come over for dinner and a movie. We set a time, and he was 3 hours late. He wasn't even going to tell me. He thinks everything is okay because he still made it and we still did everything planned. That's not the point. The point is to follow through with plans or let people know when they're changing, especially if you're trying to win someone back. Just out of respect. Is that normal for me to think?
When he blows his mother off or forgets about her, he buys her flowers, ice cream, cooks for her, etc. he does nothing for me. He did nothing even when he was my boyfriend. All this has happened since we've broken up.

01