Do guys tell their girlfriend what they don't consider not cheating?

I am just wondering, something you would not consider cheating, but you know she would, do you tell or keep quiet about it? i know most guys won't tell their partner and they never find out. I don't think its fair.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be better if the guy or gal keeps quiet about it. If it happened once and the guilty party realizes it was a mistake and never does it again, he or she should just be quiet about it. Of course, it violates the integrity of the relationship, but revealing the truth will not solve the issue. The reason why people tell their partners of their mistakes because they don't want to live with the guilt. However, I believe that the guilty party should live with the guilt. Anyway, to answer your question, you should establish the rules of the relationship. If you and your partner are happy with being open, then that's fine, as long as both parties know.

• I think that another reason people tell their partners things like this is because it'd be dishonest not to. A relationship without honesty probably won't be very stable anyway, and not one most people want to be in.

I wouldn't recommend being dishonest for this very reason, there's usually no point in continuing the relationship if you're going to be dishonest.

• My point was that though telling the partner you cheated may end the relationship, lying to them about it ruins the relationship anyway. So you mid as well take the chance of the relationship ending over a 100% chance ruined relationship. Even if you know the relationship will end once you tell them, you mid as well tell them just to end the relationship instead of continuing it since it's pointless.

That's how I see it anyway, some people may be able to live with dishonesty in their relationship which would kill a lot of the logic in this.

• It's not lying if the issue is not brought up. Thus, the relationship won't end because the other party doesn't know of the issue. However, if the one party continues to cheat, then the relationship will fail. If the person does it once, realize it was a mistake, and never does it again, then the relationship should last.