Why won't he give it back? Does he still care?

Me and my ex boyfriend have broken up for a while now, and he still has some things of mine at his house. But, every time I try to go get it or ask about it, he either ignores, avoids, or gets mad. And says the same excuse "you'll get it on my time" and then I'll see online where he is doing nothing but watching tv or something.Is there a reason he won't give it back or let me come get it? It would only take 10 minutes to get it over with. I wanna say he still cares, but it is hard to tell he is good with hiding his emotions. He is the one who wanted to end the relationship, without a reason either. Does he not want to let go yet? Does he still care? Or is he just being a jerk to me? I don't bug him about it either because I'm in the middle of the "30 day no contact" so I really wanna ask when the 30 days are over.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he is just being a jerk. that's not what someone who cares about you would do. Ignoring, avoiding and getting mad, and saying you'll be getting in on HIS time, sounds like he's being a control freak, like the world revolves around him.

I won't say he still cares about you, he just likes the idea of controlling you. He broke up with you, without a reason, not letting you to get your stuff back, seems like everything has to be done HIS way.

Dont worry about bugging him or not, just show up one day with a friend and demand your stuff back. He's a jerk, you dont have to be nice to him lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• It would be easier to decide if I knew why he broke up with you

0|0
    0|0
    • He won't tell me why. I did nothing to him either, it was just all random.

• Show All
    • I don't think he lost attraction cause he always look at me when we hung out, even when I wasn't looking at him I could see him looking at me. But he could easily give it to mutual friends if he doesn't wanna see me or even drop it off or leave it in his mail box or something. There are several ways for him to give it back, even mail it. But some reason he isn't, hasn't, and won't. :/

• Then he's being stubborn for some reason, I don't know :/ sorry, maybe if you know his parents, ask them for the items? Or just show up one day and say you just want the items and you'll leave.

What Girls Said 3

• He's holding your things hostage so that he can keep you on a line and keep the need for the contact.
    Cut to the chase and have a friend go to his house and ask that he give you your things. He will probably request that it be you that asks but have it be explained that you already have and from now on the friend will be asking, and after that the police.

1|0
    0|0
  • He's being angry and throwing his weight around. He is a control freak and enjoys the fact that he has the power of when you can have your things back.

Be the stronger person, show up one day without notice, be blunt with him, get your stuff and go your own way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree with what marth said. He obviously is enjoying that fact that he's in control of the situation, so put an end to that by having a friend get it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes