Why won't he give it back? Does he still care?

Me and my ex boyfriend have broken up for a while now, and he still has some things of mine at his house. But, every time I try to go get it or ask about it, he either ignores, avoids, or gets mad. And says the same excuse "you'll get it on my time" and then I'll see online where he is doing nothing but watching tv or something.Is there a reason he won't give it back or let me come get it? It would only take 10 minutes to get it over with. I wanna say he still cares, but it is hard to tell he is good with hiding his emotions. He is the one who wanted to end the relationship, without a reason either. Does he not want to let go yet? Does he still care? Or is he just being a jerk to me? I don't bug him about it either because I'm in the middle of the "30 day no contact" so I really wanna ask when the 30 days are over.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he is just being a jerk. that's not what someone who cares about you would do. Ignoring, avoiding and getting mad, and saying you'll be getting in on HIS time, sounds like he's being a control freak, like the world revolves around him.

I won't say he still cares about you, he just likes the idea of controlling you. He broke up with you, without a reason, not letting you to get your stuff back, seems like everything has to be done HIS way.

Dont worry about bugging him or not, just show up one day with a friend and demand your stuff back. He's a jerk, you dont have to be nice to him lol