How the heck do I survive this break up?

My boyfriend of 6 months broke up with me almost two weeks ago, the reason being "he does love me, but we just weren't working out". I feel like that's a valid reason and things sometimes just fizzle out. But now he is one of my bestfriends since I'm new to Sacramento and started dating him right when I moved here, and we have mutual friends. We've agreed that we should still be friends and my car broke down and he's been helping me with that, it hasn't been awkward except for one of the days I saw him. However, I do still love him and the thought of him being with other girls drives me nuts. How do I get through this so that I can get over him? This is also the first time I've been broken up with and the first time I've ever been "heartbroken"

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes love just disappears and appears randomly in our lives. Listen to this spoken word poetry by Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye they have some really good insight on love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdJ6aUB2K4g

You just need to understand love come and goes and that its okay. Take your time and just eat lots of chocolate, ice cream and wine. That always cures most heart brakes

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Normally, I would recommend to not be friends with you ex until you are at peace with him seeing other girls. If you see him with other girls, just walk away. Let him know that you still have some residual feelings and appreciate it if he doesn't talk about other girls in front of you. In the end, the only thing you really can do is endure. It's like going to work and having shitty schedule. You just endure.

0|0
    0|0
  • try and distance yourself. Time does heal all wounds, so they say (I highly doubt that) just find peace within yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Want a life lesson? Here's some homemade philosophy for you:

COMPLETE emotional control (ability to suppress the bad emotions and flip the light switch on for the good ones) is the key. Go do some research. You'll thank me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• mine said similar things when he broke up with me, but also said "getting obsessed with the relationship" on top of that upon further asking, which makes me drowning myself in guilt which I still can't get out of. He also pulled the friendship card, saying we could still hang out, and of course we never did.

It's hard to be friends with your ex, esp when you still love him. Me and him are just FRIENDLY. within 2 months of the break-up, we hanged out once more likely just because i want my stuff back. we both have asked each other for advice a couple of times, just about simple things. Then on new year's eve, I text him a happy new year, and I got a picture of a huge cut on his face. knowing that I study medicine, he started asking me a lot of scarring, how to take care of it for days until he get the stitches out. He even asked if he could call to ask questions. and I stupidly let him do it prob because I still care about him and liked the idea. He didn't text me anymore after he got his stitches out. We have bumped into each other at bars before, and we sometimes will be at same social events, and it would be him to say hi to me or start a conversation if we talk. I sometimes ask myself what happened during the last part of our relationship, we seemed to be able to get along, so why we didn't work out, or why I thought I have to bicker about things. It really kills me. we are still Facebook friends, but I should unfriend him. not like i will know if he has a new gf since he never posts about gf, but the thought of him w someone else sometimes bugs me

Dont look for being friends with ex, at least for now. if you two are meant to stay in each other's life, you will be. You will do everything to try stay in touch with him, I've been there. But focus on yourself and have fun. new people will come into your life, and then you will soon dont care about your ex anymore since you've got people who actually want to stay in your life.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes