Should you tell your ex happy birthday?

I could write a big paragraph but I'll try to break it down, we dated, everything was perfect, then he left for no reason, then came back, then turned into a jerk and started ignoring me and told me we weren't getting back together. His birthday is coming up soon and I'm in the middle of the no contact thing, should I tell him happy birthday? I still love him but its just confusing the way he is acting.
Updates:
I didn't tell him. :/

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Normally I would say if you remained friends, wish him a happy birthday. However, in your case, he has been rude to you and has broken your heart. It's your call at the end of the day, but I wouldn't. He doesn't deserve someone as nice as you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• If he's not been treating you right, leaves for no reason, you still want to wish him?

Pick up your self esteem young lady & it's not about ego it's self esteem.

NO YOU MUST NOT WISH HIM (unless you are one of those who are either already or on the way to being hooked to abusive guys)

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless you broke up with a lot of screamng and broken windows, yes, it's the class thing to do. You shouldn't hold grudges about the past!

Show him you're not emotionally crushed..do what you'd do with any other friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • He treats you like a jerk, so no, you should not wish him happy anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't. He is the past. keep it sealed behind that door. and throw away the key

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Seems kind of pointless to me, but just go with what your gut tells you.

And ask yourself, why do you want to do this? Is it to try to get on good terms with this guy again? Do you just want to show him you still care? Or are you trying to gauge how he's feeling based on how he responds?

I'm sure there's a lot going on here but from the quick bit that you described, I see no point in telling him happy birthday, especially if he's ignoring you and doesn't want contact.

1|0
    0|0
    • yeah you're right, thanks!

• No, and in your case I don't get why you would want to. He was being an asshole and you still care to tell him happy bday? I'm not saying you have to hate him but just mentally wish him the best in life and continue to not speak if that's what you're already doing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wished mine happy birthday and it turned out that not many people had taken the time to do so that day so it ended up making his birthday so much better. As a result, he realized what a sweet, caring heart I have and we became friends again :) It all depends on the situation! I was super nervous to do it and talked myself in and out of it for a while but in all honesty, what do you have to lose?

0|0
    0|0
  • fuck no! he treated you like crap...please don't give a fuck about him and just move on!

2|0
    0|0
  • No he doesn't deserve it! He isn't nice to you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes