Is it ok to ask someone you are going on dates with about their recent divorce?

I went on a date with a girl after talking to her for a while and it went well and we have another date planned.

Thing is she is divorced, and she is only 25. All I know (from some investigating, not from her) is that they got married less than a year ago, not sure when the divorce happened. Her business cards still have her married name on them even though she goes by her maiden name again now. I am kind of interested in what happened, and to see whether or not I am a rebound or if she is ready to date again. On top of that in all honesty, I am just kind of nosey too.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• a lot of people make mistakes when very young; don't assume there is 'something wrong' with her. It was ok to check into her past, but take your time asking her. It might be painful for her to discuss.

Still, before long, she should tell you about it without you having to ask. I wouldn't get too serious with her until you have found out a little about it.

If she doesn't tell you, that's a red flag, and then it's perfectly alright for you to up and ASK!!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't ask but I'd listen to her if she talked about it. She is obviously trying to get her mind new by dating you. She's not necessarily using you. I'd just watch for cues if she really is into you... Like do you guys talk a lot or is it more of a physical thing?

0|0
    0|0
    • We haven't done anything physical yet. It was all talking then a little flirting and we just had a date the first time and set up another date.

• When she is ready she well tell you about it , maybe she is afraid of telling you want happened because she might not want to lose you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I'd let her bring it up, as long as you're sure they're actually separated.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes