Guys-would you rather be broken up with in person or over email/text?

So I want to break up with my boyfriend of 10 months. He's nice, but we really have nothing in common. We can never agree to do anything together on our days off, and it's just become tedious. I know that everyone will probably say do it in person, and I want to give him that but just think about it. If I do it over email then he can react however he feels without feeling embarrassed about how he'll react. He can just m If I do it in person I give him the respect of doing it in person but he has no privacy at that moment that he reacts. What do you think?
Updates:
Wow did not realize my giant typo...ignore the "He can just m" in the second to last sentence

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In person. Anything else is just weak and uncaring. I would lose all respect for her if I had any left afterword anyway.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• My ex girlfriend did it over the phone. Do it in person, that is what a mature caring person would do. If he really loves you do you really think he is going to be embarrassed about his emotions in front of you. That is a lame excuse in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely in person. Over text or e-mail is just cold..

1|1
    0|0
  • If you were in his shoes, which would you prefer? There's no way that's perfect, but a text or email (or a letter) is just so cold.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do it in person. And if you can't do that for whatever reason, you gotta at LEAST do it over the phone.

But really, just do it in person...

0|0
    0|0
  • True. I think email is best, for the reasons you outlined above. Also, it took fucking 10 months to discover you have nothing common?

0|0
    0|0
  • In person. Breaking up in any other way is just cold and disrespectful.

1|0
    0|0
  • Put on your big girl panties and do it in person.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have big girl panties on. I'm asking for opinions because honestly I would rather have someone break up with me over text/email so I can cry/react how I want

• Show All
    • "Asker" if you were in love with a guy, not just infatuated with sex I believe you would think differently..my opinion

• I have been broken up with that way before, by someone I loved. I prefer it. It gave me time to react the way I wanted, collect myself, and gather my thoughts so that when I was able to talk to him I wasn't overly emotional. I could speak rationally because I had time to think things over

What Girls Said 5

• It's juvenile to break up with someone over email or text unless there is a justifiable reason to (such as if you think he could become violent or verbally abusive if you broke up with him in person). You need to maturely discuss your reasons for breaking up with him in person. Don't put blame on him, just state reasons why YOU feel that the relationship is not working and do so in a calm, reasonable manner and if he is mature as well, he will understand.

1|1
    0|0
  • Most people including me prefer in person because it shows the other person cares and respects you.

I'd pick a public place like an empty park... Definitely not before, during, or after a date though.

Just tell him "something has been really bothering me lately. Can we meet?"

0|0
    0|0
  • Having been broken up with over Facebook of all places I can tell you that it us a major douche move, doesn't matter if you are female or male being broken up with from any means that is not face to face is childish.

0|1
    0|0
  • In person. Breaking up with some one via email or text is cowardly and wrong

0|1
    0|0
    • Not so much "cowardly" as it is "disrespectful", in my opinion. It gives the impression that the person didn't mean much to you, if done via text / e-mail.

• Email or text would be so impersonal. I would rather it be done in person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes