Is my ex really in love or he is just trying not to be alone?

My ex boyfriend and I broke up two months ago. We were dating for 3 years. It was supposed that we still loved each other, but things just weren't working that well. Now, he is dating another girl who met a month after a breakup. He told me that he is in love for the first time and that he has never been in love with me, yet he loved me and we spent a lot of good time together. Moreover, he is 29 and she is 19, so I think he might be enjoying that she is quite younger than him = she admires him. I would like to know if it's really possible to know that someone is in love when he's been only dating for one month with someone, and also if it's possible to never have loved me after 3 years of dating. I don't understand anything.

20