Help! He lied about his wife but not about their relationship?

I have been 'casually' seeing a man for over a year now. I use the term casually loosely as we were together almost everyday when we weren't working or busy with life. But, we were both very hurt from previous relstionships and wanted to take things slow. He called me when I woke up and after work. We texted all day. We would go out often. He'd take me to his fave places and ask to go to mine. He'd surprise me often. The surprises were always thoughtful and personal. He showed that he was really getting to know me. He also introduced me to his child. As the product of a single parent I'm not the type to run around having playdates with anyone's kids even when I'm exclusively dating. I wasn't raised like that. But I could see myself with him and he said I was the first and only girlfriend to meet his child. He was no longer with the mother as he said they could not work it out. I didn't think anything of it as he had been pretty upfront with me about her. And after not dating for a while it was refreshing to be building a friendship and truly getting to know someone (or so I thought) But I have to be honest and say I started to pull away a bit after this because we really started to fall for each other and I didn't want to be hurt again. But, we continued and I was hurt anyway as I recently found out he is married. He had been a little down and not himself lately. After doing a little investigative work I believe its because his wife is trying to salvage their marriage and he's trying to get out. Her social media activity indicates this to be fact and proves that he lied about being married but was honest about the status of their relationship. I know I should run but I feel paralyzed. I never thought I would be the other woman. I don't expect him to leave her for me but I don't want to lose our friendship. I thoroughly enjoy his company. Do I confront him? Do I just walk away? Please help

34

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm confused, yes he could still be married by law, but that could only be until the divorce go through. I try to maintain a healthy relationship with my soon to be ex husband. For our children sake. His wife probably use the term husband to save face to her friends on fb. Just ask him what's up and Keep an open mind divorce isn't as black and white as one may think. They could probably still live together just to raise their kid's. . A lot of people do, it's cheaper to an extent, and a lot of people don't wanna put their children through that..mean while they don't share a bed, haven't had sex in years, and both are seeing other people with having respect for the house hold. and its not an easy thing to deal with, some people are embarrassed to say they are getting a divorced, who wants to admit to a failed marriage.
    Any way before you jump to conclusions talk to him and see the real deal for your self, you should be able to tell if he's lying or not. Regardless what's for show on Facebook and etc..