"seperated" is still married, seeing someone else when "seperated" is adultery.?

When it comes to divorce there is no such thing as being "separated" and honestly I hate hearing that word. You are etiher married or divorced there is no in between. I really feel that someone needs to be officially divorced before getting back into the dating game. I understand the concept of it that you are sperated as in not living together and awating a divorce but once again you are still married and not divorced and should not be seeing other people. To me regardless of how bad things may have gotten, both parties had put in a considerable amount of time and effort into the mairrage and the both parties owe each other that much to wait until they officially divorced before seeing someone else. It's the honorable thing to do. That and the dust needs to settle on everything in terms of custody of kids and whos gets what etc. I feeel that someone is not ready to date until at least a year after a divorce is finalized, by then that person will be over whatever hurt there might have been from the divorce and the dust should have settled on everything from the divorce. If you are separated and seeing someone else you are commiting adultery, its that simple.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with your statement especially if kids are involved. sometimes couples who are married get back together after one leaves the house for a while. you add a new partner and that can call for a nasty mess. plus if kids are involved you don't want to add someone new right away it's hard enough when mom and dad are not together. my parents were divorced by the time I was 13 and my father had a new women soon after and it gave me a bad taste in my mouth.