Guys do you feel anything when someone breaks up with you?

So I broke up with my boyfriend of almost a year. We like each other, the sex is great, but lately we just don't connect. We can't find anything to talk about or do on our days off. So I thought it was time to pull the plug. Well the day that I was going to tell him in person he realized that I took something of mine from his apartment and he started teasing me and making fun of me asking if I was going to break up with him. So later I realized that I don't want to be made fun of as I'm breaking up with him in person, so I did it over email. It didn't even seem to phase him. I care for him, and I liked him a lot. It's just hurting me that he doesn't even want to talk about it or fight for me. I know that last part sounds selfish, but I just meant that I was willing to talk. If you have slowly been drifting apart do you still have feelings for the girl when you break up? Was he just acting like it didn't bother him and it did? Or does it really not mean anything to you if a girl breaks up with you? Thanks

06

Most Helpful Guy

• "Guys do you feel anything when someone breaks up with you?"

Sometimes, sure. But like any other emotion we're very good at not displaying it for everyone to see.

When you break up with a guy and it hurts him, he's most likely going to want to hurt you back. We're simple like that. And most guys know, even on an instinctual level, that a good way to hurt a girl is to make her feel the way you do now. So even if he was hurt, he's not going to show it, and he's going to act like you don't matter to him, never did, and your breakup doesn't hurt him at all.

But here's the main lesson for you (and I wish other girls would learn it as well).

You CANNOT throw the handgrenade of breaking up into a relationship, and expect the guy to hear "Fight for me, I was willing to work on things, I just want to talk"

When you nuke the relationship, it's nuked. There's no putting it back together.

If you want to talk, say you want to talk. Not "I'm breaking up with you" Because the vast majority of guys will act like he did, and what's more, they'll be having sex with someone else as quick as humanly possible.

• How does he get back at her?

• As said above ^ acts like the relationship was no big deal..and then he trashes her reputation based on things she entrusted him with. vindictiveness

• I don't know who you are, but thank gosh for you having your kind of honesty. :)