Who has cheated? This should be interesting?

Simple question. Have you ever cheated on someone?
I realize anyone that admits it, will be attacked and told they are the worst person in the world.
So, by all means answer anonymously.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup. I was 18 and in a miserable relationship with a guy I broke up with on a weekly basis but literally would not let it happen. If you've been in this type of relationship, you would understand, but if you haven't then it's probably hard to wrap your head around. No matter what I said or did, he wouldn't leave me alone. He threatened suicide, screamed and yelled at me until I said I wouldn't break up, and was physically aggressive once or twice. He would drive by my house, go through my phone, tell me who I could and couldn't hang out with.
    I started drinking heavily because he told me I wasn't allowed to, and one night at a party I kissed a guy. I was near blackout drunk and I know it's not an excuse but I felt horrible about it. It was not something I intended to do, and it was not an entirely conscious decision.
    When I told him, he still wouldn't let me break up with him and eventually I just cut all contact and blocked his number and he went away.

I still feel shame and it's almost been 5 years. I know the pain of being cheated on and I can't believe I put someone else through that regardless of how he treated me.
    Judge me if you will, but I am 2.5 years sober and a completely different person. I lost my way, but I found a new, better way and am in a relationship of 2 happy years during which I have been completely faithful. I do not think that what happened makes me a bad person... It was just a bad judgement call. I am not going anon because while I am ashamed, this one mistake does not define who I am.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I wouldn't consider that cheating

• I actually read this. Sorry to hear that bubbie. Happy bout your newer 2 year relationship tho

• Thanks for most helpful :)