Would you be more mad that your partner lied to you or invaded your privacy?

Pretend for a second your partner had trust issues. They snooped through your things and found things that made them upset, they never confronted you about it, but acted distant.

If you asked your partner what's wrong and they said nothing. Then they later confessed... Would you be more upset that they lies to you about nothing being wrong or that the invaded your privacy.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I'd be more upset that my partner lied to me. If she was having feelings of doubt about whether she could trust me, then I must have done something to trigger those feelings, and I would expect her to investigate further.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• My ex would never find anything since I'm adept at covering my tracks but, IF she did, I would most likely be mad at the snooping 'cause I know she tried really hard to do so. Lying isn't such a big deal since everyone lies sometimes and, it's understandable why she would be hiding what she did.

0|0
    0|1
  • The invasion of privacy and lying would annoy me, but not as much as a bigger issue would.
    The big issue is that they jumped to conclusions and started taking out their resentment, without having enough trust to want to find out the truth.
    I've seen marriages end from this shit, where people have jumped to/asssumed wrong conclusions and acted resentfully for years afterward.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lied. Lying is a dealbreaker. Instant ban-hammer :P

1|1
    0|0
  • More annoyed about the invasion of privacy. That was a choice made by a sick untrusting mind.

The way they reacted to whatever innocent thing they found, is understandable. Women often react like that to things they don't like.

But snooping? Especially when I've done nothing wrong? I'll come down on her like the wrath of God for that shit.

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 1

• I would be equally appalled by both... wouldn't tolerate either one.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes