How to break up without breaking his heart?

I' ve been in a relationship for about a year now, and for the last few months we've been fighting about almost everything. He's very ignorant about my feelings and doesn' t listen to a word i say. I have to brake up before i really go crazy, but i don't wanna hurt him, cuz i know despite everything he really cares for me...any suggestions?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Breakups always hurt. There's no way around that, and no magic answer.

However, breaking up with this guy is the best thing you can do for him. And you need to tell him WHY, and you need to NOT get back with him, no matter how much he promises to change. He needs to learn that his selfish behavior has consequences, and may he really WILL change. Either way, that won't be YOUR problem - you need to move forward.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• You can't. He will be hurt either way. Honestly though, I don't think I would worry about that very much if I were you. If he doesn't care about how you feel about things, this either won't come as a shock to him or it will be the wake-up call that he needs. If he cares about you and wants to be with you, it may cause him to re-examine how he goes about things with you.

But even if it doesn't, you need to get out of this relationship. It's not healthy for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not sure why women think this is possible but it isn't. Just do it and try not to seem nasty about it. if you treat him with some respect he will not feel completely like shit, just mostly

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask yourself if you aren't at fault: it seems to me you're blaming him for it all. Is there a reason why he's being a jerk?

If you think it's best to end it, then do it. There's no way of making the break up hurt less, because it always will.

0|0
    0|0
    • I tried taking the blame, he just ignores the problem, no matter who is to blame

• No matter how much you sugercoat if he is into you, then rather then give it the slow injection just get a hammer and break his heart, trust me i have had that hammer many a time it pains like hell but its direct and it will heal and repair in time.

0|0
    0|0
  • It honestly doesn't sound like he cares that much anymore. Just do it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I assume that it will not be a surprise for him if your relationship is not going well anyway so it won't be that hurt..

0|0
    0|0
  • just be honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Theres no way ull not goin to hurt him, so just tell him that u cant be with him anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys don't have hearts we just want sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • x2 on RealityCheckTime's answer. You're trying to let a guy down easy who isn't even being nice to you to begin with. That doesn't make any reasonable sense. Just break up with him already and go your separate ways.

0|0
    0|0
    • Just cuz he's been a bit of a jerk lately, doesn't mean he's always been that way...everybody has feelings..but i guess u're mostly right

• Show All
    • i'll skip the part where i say u're mostly right and go straight to sayin' many beautiful women have brains too, if u only lose the prejudice about their stupidity, on the other hand dumbness is a global issue, and i'm not sure which gender is more affected by it

• And that's unfortunately not a prejudice but personal experience lol. I don't waste my time trying to assume what someone is going to be like, but I can tell you about what people are like AFTER I meet them and get to know them.

It affects both genders but since we're talking about girls right now, that's why I only talked about them ;)

What Girls Said 1

• Aww sorry for you :(

Well I think the best way to do it is just calmly explain why and then just go for it. You can do it :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes