Why has this happened is my ex-friend ruining my chances?

I recently met a girl through her father. She seemed nice, is super cute and shares some similar interests. I am painfully shy but she smiled at me a lot and spoke to me etc. I ran into her a few times in various places and it was always the same. Then she started blanking me totally.
I later found out that she is close friends with a guy that used to be my best friend in school but we cut contact after a major fall out in high school. We were both infatuated with the same girl; she led us both on but ended up in a short relationship with him that ruined our friendship. It has been 5 years since we spoke.
Is it possible she has spoken to this guy about me and he has told her to steer clear?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• it is possible, but i don't know.