Do guys lie during a break up?

I just wanted to know if guys usually lie during a break up. And I mean stuff like: "You'll always be special to me" or "Maybe we could be together again some day"?

18

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all of them , some of them do. Some of them may be sincere about things like that because at some point you meant a lot to them and even influenced their views on things. And that is very important because you may have helped shape them however you aren't the right fit for them at the moment even though things were just right at one point. And that is understandable because people change and grow together as a couple but then drift apart because as we age we are influenced by other things. Like when people get married they change , they may change their religious views , pick up a different hobby , become workaholics , or change their political views. So it is best to look at these things and grow from them instead of being upset or bitter.

• But how do I know if he's sincere about it or not?

• Then he is probably being honest with you