Do guys lie during a break up?

I just wanted to know if guys usually lie during a break up. And I mean stuff like: "You'll always be special to me" or "Maybe we could be together again some day"?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all of them , some of them do. Some of them may be sincere about things like that because at some point you meant a lot to them and even influenced their views on things. And that is very important because you may have helped shape them however you aren't the right fit for them at the moment even though things were just right at one point. And that is understandable because people change and grow together as a couple but then drift apart because as we age we are influenced by other things. Like when people get married they change , they may change their religious views , pick up a different hobby , become workaholics , or change their political views. So it is best to look at these things and grow from them instead of being upset or bitter.

0|1
    0|0
    • But how do I know if he's sincere about it or not?

• Show All
    • Then he is probably being honest with you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, this is to soften the potential fall out. He wants a simple split where your not going to hate him and start spreading rumours about him, so he needs to make it as easy as possible, but really he means nothing he speaks, he just wants to remain friends if possible, x

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Like with almost anything, there are guys that will be totally honest, but others will lie. Sometimes to save her feelings, but often just to soften the blows enough that they can slide out peacefully, in other words to make it easier on themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe they do, maybe they do it to try and make the break up a little less harsh

but I don't think this is specific to guys I think most people do similar things during a break up...

Drop the Bomb > soften the blow

0|0
    0|0
  • some do, some don't. you cannot categorize every guy in one place :)

0|0
    0|0
  • we play the same games you play, 99.9% of us are better at it

0|0
    0|0
  • sounds like he is trying to let you down softly

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, as do girls.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes , sometimes

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes