He had the worst date ever... How can I cheer him up?

First my bf and I attempted to make love but he couldn't stay hard and became frustrated. We stopped having sex and decided to go ear out. We went to Applebee's and there he saw his ex wife with the guy she left him for. My bf and I went somewhere else to eat. He didn't say a word and looked upset. I felt awkward and didn't know what to say. He looked so upset And angry, so like an idiot I didn't say much. I didn't want to make things worse. He took me back home and then told me that he was upset that I didn't cheer him up. I told him that I didn't know what to do because I had never been in a situation like that. We talked about it, I apologized and he cried that hated seeing her and then went home upset. I don't know what to do or how to cheer him up or make things better please please help!
I wasn't upset seeing him upset because I know how badly he was hurt from before; I was just helpless because I didn't know what to do or say.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• You look into his eyes, tell him how you feel about him, and say, "Is there anything I can do to cheer you up?"

If he is wise, he'll realize what a compassionate woman he's with.

Does it bother you that he was upset at seeing his wife?

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to lighten the mood some. You know your bf. Plan a reverse date. Those are always winners. Guys normally cater to women on dates. Cater to him for one night. Go somewhere you know he would want. Do something he would like. Make him feel good about himself. Lay it on thick, compliment him and flirt with him. Get his testosterone up by playing video games or paint ball. Good luck!